Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

£10 for one commercial carp pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £10 for one commercial carp pool

Hi all,

do you think £10 is a bit steep for a commercial fishery with just one lake for a day ticket ?

the fishery is ladywood carp pool in mirfield west yorkshire

Cheers
    paul

Yes
    there are a couple round here that charge £8 & they are virtualy empty in the week !!
    If the Price was £5 & accompanied Children up to 12 fishing same peg Free then i/2 price to 16 the venues would be busy every day throughout the summer months !!
    But would the Fisheries suffer from Over fishing ??
    £6 to £7 is the max they get away with around here .
    Colin

Comment

£8/£10 is the average down this way,one of even put his up to £12 per day but soon realised the error of his ways and dropped back to a tenner
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

£6 max round our way ( s.yorks.) that's plenty especially when you consider you usually have to buy the fishery pellets,which all happen to be the same. If you think it's expensive,pal it out and go elsewhere.No one likes getting ripped off!

Comment

Ask the owner whats so special about his fish that he feels he has to charge that amount which is on average £3 more than other venues Got a new fishery near me called Sykehouse (yorks) he charges £5 and supplies keepnets and landing nets hung up behind every peg and he has his own pellets but you dont have to buy them and he is the soundest guy you could meet and you can use nets pleasuring not just on matches

Comment

i have makins on my doorstep and they are only £7 a day

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimura31 View Post
              Ask the owner whats so special about his fish that he feels he has to charge that amount which is on average £3 more than other venues Got a new fishery near me called Sykehouse (yorks) he charges £5 and supplies keepnets and landing nets hung up behind every peg and he has his own pellets but you dont have to buy them and he is the soundest guy you could meet and you can use nets pleasuring not just on matches
              Cracking venue, plenty of fish to catch ( not just carp ) and Ray is spot on. Will be back there this weekend.

£10 is over the odds for Yorkshire area, £5 to £7 max is the going rate!!

Comment

£10's is over the odds! day tickets average £7 in my area! most have several pools & decent facilities!

Comment

Gold Valley charges £11 for one rod per day that's the dearest commercial I know.

Comment

Be cheaper to play golf at this rate.

Comment

cornerstone no!!!!!! never golf sooner pay £20 ticket lol

Comment

depends on what fishery has to offer.......our fishery in the heart of Birmingham offers.....private car parks....fireworks.....bangri dancing .....aromatic spices fill the air......the fishing is awesome. really is value for money just £3 a day......but i am considering putting it up to cover the entertainment....
                        In darkness we do what we can
                        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

lady wood lakes is 5min from me its a new fishery ,its basically two holes in the ground dug out when quarrying , there is a large carp lake and a small /match coarse lake , there are no features to fish to ,other than under water , no plants /reeds ect they are just bare deep holes , there are no facilities on site and its a mud bath all the way around the place , the carp lake has been stocked with carp from darn sarth which run up to over thirty pound, the course lake has just been stocked wirh a lot of skimmers and carp , the price of a day ticket to fish the coarse lake has just gone up to 10 quid but you can fish mid week for 7.5o .personally i think its far too expensive for what it is , there are some good waters around you can fish for a fiver , imo the tickets have gone up in price to fund either the fish or to get some facilities on site , but if numbers of bums is required i think the owner is going down the wrong track especially at this time when money is tight , i can see the match lake becoming just a stock pond as it wont get used .theres hardly anyone using it any how !!

Comment

£10 lol I like to be the one not getting shafted. £6 should be more the mark.
                            Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

GAZZZZZZZZZZZ there no one left up there 2 fish it .......they all down here pmsl

Comment

Working...
                              X