Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Another One Bites The Dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Bites The Dust.

Like everyone else who fishes a selection of different venues where fishery pellet only rules apply, I'm always left with a selection of assorted pellets of different sizes and colours.
    While this in itself has always been more of a personal inconvenience than a drama, its always been nice to shoot off to Woodhouse Grange, have a good days fishing at a top venue and whittle this supply of pellets down. So yesterday loaded down with enough pellets to cause an hernia, off we go.
    First job on arrival, dip the nets. Walking across to the cafe to pay me due's, humming the last song on the car radio that had stuck in my head, (today's going to be a good-good day).
    Then it hit me.......... Written on a blackboard in big white letters.....FISHERY FEED PELLETS ONLY.
    One of the last bastions of free choice in South Yorks, gone.
    Last edited by stocky; 31 March 2012, 02:44 PM.
    Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

The list gets longer Stocky, i,am sure Bank End still have no limits as to which pellets you use .It,s all down to which fishery you prefer to visit.
    Tom

Comment

Most of the fishery pellets are the same as the pellets in packets anyway, ask if you can buy bulk amount of pellets from the people doing the fishery pellets then your good to go whenever you want.
      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

its a pity they dont put as much in the bags as some tackle shops, i pay £1 for approx 560grms abou 1 1/2 pints

Comment

Do what most do and just ignore it.
          Keep a stash of your own in your bag.
          I stopped buying fishery pellets ages ago, I know you cant on matches so much but.

Comment

Ask the fishery owner why you have to use their pellets, and watch them come out with pure drivel about fish welfare, when they will let you put in any quantity of bait and groundbait you want? also if its about welfare, why dontthey stop these fools i see fishing with 3lb test corve rods with 50 lb line, and size 2 hooks, all for a 3 lb carp. This is just a pure money making scam, and it winds me right uo. Rant over..l
            [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

Talking of groundbait, I put some swimstim match groundbait through a riddle then sieve to fine it out to make paste. I didn't buy the stuff, it came in a searbox I bought.

Anyway, the rubbish that was in it was unbelievable. I can only assume these bits are designed to float about in the water to attract interest from fish, but they included small bits of shredded plastic bags, some strange cotton fibre stuff ( like belly button fluff or winnits, and some other totally inedible seed looking things.

All for the bargain price of about 4 quid a bag!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

i never use 'fishery' pellets either. I've three sacks of feed pellets in my shed, two skrettings and one coppens - I aint paying for more of what I've ready got. i agree with feldyourno1 100%.
                Real men fish rivers

Comment

a fishery near me introduced fishery own and slowly the anglers disappeared , now it's any pellet you want and the anglers are back , some of the waters around me i don't know why they run them scrolls of do's and don'ts not a good start for a day's sport anyway it's not the pellet it's all about feeding ??

Comment

I'm with you regarding pellets Stocky, KJS at Aston don't have a fishery only pellet policy.
                    At Aston springs they're £2 a bag for about 600grm, I get mine for £1.89 a kilo if that's not robbery what is.
                    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Come and have a go on my fishery at Askern - any pellets go there!
                      Simon Young
                      Admin
                      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i always use what ive got,,, dont care who knows it !!!
                        the reason for doing so is because fisheries use the fishery pellets only rule as a money maker !
                        claiming they do it cos they like to monitor whats going into there lakes is just an excuse,
                        in order to track whats going into there lakes surely they need to switch the rule to fishery BAITS only !!!
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

I think if a fishery as the pellet rule it's best to stick to it, I don't fish matches so it's easier to avoid the money grabbers.
                          Having said that where I fish the day ticket is a quid dearer than other local ponds.
                          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                            I think if a fishery as the pellet rule it's best to stick to it,
                            Yes your right there Jethro, anyway I just wouldn't feel right using other pellets on a fishery only pellets venue even though you know there all the same.

Personally I think its about time that fishery owners charged £7 to £8 for a days fishing with a bag of the size pellets that you want, included in the price.
                            Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

All about greed and not even a care about ruining your local tackle shop because your having to buy your bait at the commercial and now some like Lindholme even put coloured marker pellets in the bags to make sure they are theirs your using

Comment

Working...
                              X