Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Too tight on winder????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too tight on winder????

Hi all, fishing the paste today had a low double first put in landed no trouble, few 5-6lb carp later hooked into what felt like another lump. After about 3 secs fish realized it was hooked and charged off, and kept on going, and going, and going then bang. Elastic back in pole an me looking about wondering what happened!!! It snapped me off 1" below the loop where line attatched to elastic. 0.15 power line to 13h laccy only used the rig once before!! Could I have stored it too tight?? Just so I know for future reference, had it on a fox winder, cheers chaps!!!

Try fishing with hook lengths rather than straight through?

Comment

Tornado line is better than power line,take a look here mate.
      Line
      your 0.15 is only 5lb 14oz,now look @ the tornado for strenth in 0.14

Comment

0.15 & 13's laccy

I use that for catching live bait !
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

foul hooked maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
            0.15 & 13's laccy

I use that for catching live bait !
            Christ mate what u fishing for with that live bait!!!

Comment

Pelet I'll have a look at that line mate, cheers. Don't normally use hooklengths on my paste or margin rigs think I'll look into it now!!! Could well have been foul hooked, just every other fish hooked in the mouth which made me think I stored it too tight maybe?? Surely it should have broken at the knot!???

Comment

Working...
              X