Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

shallow fishing tips more please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shallow fishing tips more please

hi never been the best shallow angler been getting some great tips, batterd 14 pegger yeaterday feels good what i have learned from you lads, what i put into practice was keep feeding little and often till you get bites. i used to give up after 20minutes, this time kept it going all day, this is where i used to get it so wrong i would catch for so long then they would dissapere, i used to keep feeding a bit heaver so one tip was to feed only 2 to 3 pellets for as long as it takes to get the bites back, due to the fish going deaper. i stayed patient and they did return. every time they stoped bitting cut back and they came back, not allways straight away but they did return mind you the last hour they dissapered alltogether, so i switched to maggots, it worked straight away maybe it was a fluke or maybe they just wanted a change great tips cheers.

Here's a good un for you mate.
    If the fish are there but cagey of the hook bait put a dry expander in the band, 6mm dry = 4mm feed. Adjust your shot so it sinks very slowly as they are very bouyant, drop the rig in and feed, alternatively feed then drop the rig in. Have fooled some big wary F1S doing this.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

good mate have u tried caster for roach shallow. The bigger roach will come up for them if u throw 3 to 6 over ur float about every 30 seconds thats if u wana catch roach.works for me when i fish for em.

Comment

heres a good tip for snurckling the odd bigger sample when fishing shalla for carp,
        find out exactly what the depth is and fish just over half depth,,
        you often find the bigger wiser fish tend not to compete for food,
        they often sit back letting smaller pasties fight for the titbits and they just pick off the odd pellet or meat cube which are missed in the melly !!!
        also when it goes quiet, try dead depth but keep feeding,as if fishing shallow,
        not every morsal of food is gunna get eaten so some is definately gunna end up on the bottom, again if any, its usually the big old wise fish knowing its a safer bet,
        but also if the dead depth line doesnt produce it can still be a good indicator as to when the shalla massive are back on the scene due to all the liners

now go forth and empty the lake young sky walker !!!
        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Originally posted by Leaky Lloyd View Post
          heres a good tip for snurckling the odd bigger sample when fishing shalla for carp,
          find out exactly what the depth is and fish just over half depth,,
          you often find the bigger wiser fish tend not to compete for food,
          they often sit back letting smaller pasties fight for the titbits and they just pick off the odd pellet or meat cube which are missed in the melly !!!
          also when it goes quiet, try dead depth but keep feeding,as if fishing shallow,
          not every morsal of food is gunna get eaten so some is definately gunna end up on the bottom, again if any, its usually the big old wise fish knowing its a safer bet,
          but also if the dead depth line doesnt produce it can still be a good indicator as to when the shalla massive are back on the scene due to all the liners

now go forth and empty the lake young sky walker !!!
          Leaky.
          I now consider me and you the Obi 1 and Yoda of the shalla fishing world.

Your'e Yoda by the way.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Working...
          X