Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Terry Thomas (Angling Today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Thomas (Angling Today)

Anyone used to watch/or remember this on tv, he was a right old scroat allways seemed drunk to me. Been looking on the net for some old series but cant find any would love to watch him again he used to crack me up with his clumsy antics.

I remember and watched them!..in the 60's i think?... i doubt wether there are any copies , the TV companies would have reused the Video tape by over-writing it!...they had no idea in those days that progs may become popular in later years................... But you never know??.

Comment

Is that Terry Thomas the bounder?

Comment

Originally posted by maverboy View Post
        Is that Terry Thomas the bounder?
        No mate, he used to be on ATV many moons ago. There was another guy that used to do a bit of angling as well Jack Hargreaves. Does anybody remember him?

Comment

Certainly do m8 he was a better angler than terry.I think chris tarrant used to fish with terry didnt he.

Comment

I believe it was Terry's angling slot on atv today on a Friday that gave birth to the well used "tight lines" phrase.

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catching-Pik...4134913&sr=8-4

this is a paperback by terry thomas on pike fishing

Comment

Chris Tarrant & Terry Thomas used to Drink in the Hopwood in the 70s we would all be sat talking ,when Terry would Slide gracefuly from his Stool to the floor in 1 sweet movement !!
                Think Chris or Bob(Jasper Carrot) would put him in a Taxi & send him home Every night !!
                Terry was permanently drunk.
                Last edited by hurricane; 16 April 2012, 09:38 AM.
                Colin

Comment

As for Jack Hargreaves!.. his "Out of Town" series is available on DVD, 1988 Southern TV production. Contender Entertainment Group 2004.

Comment

MACE The Media Archive for Central England | Media clip[ATV Today: 10.05.1974: Fly Fishing]
                    Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

Ha! Ha! Nice one Spongebob! (Happy Days) The ol' baskit was permanently pickled...
                      Loved watching his series & remember well, the programmes that featured Tony Scott & Ray Mumford...

Comment

Terry Thomas may have been a bumbling drunk, but he could retrieve a whole thirty yard fly line into one hand and flick the whole lot out again in three casts!
                        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

He could also Fall flat on his Face with his Drink in his hand & NOT spill a Drop !!
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                            He could also Fall flat on his Face with his Drink in his hand & NOT spill a Drop !!
                            lol col a bit like me tha.......

Comment

And me !!
                              But i dont Drink at all Any more!!
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X