Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pay to use Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay to use Forums

Hi Guys,

Not wishing to start a full blown arguement but is a fishing forum that has a membership that pays for use alongside non paying members a good idea??

Seems to me like a very diversive 'us and them' idea to me.

I have to say advice I have got from here has been spot on and thanks for all the help.

You dont need to worry - Talk Angling will always be free to use to the members!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

That's what I thought Simon.

Funny how the benefits of being a member of certain sites and 'supporting' them is to lose the adverts; I would have thought the non members actually benefit a web site more by being so.

Comment

Only thing I will say on one site that does have a paid membership alongside non paying, those who pay have access to probably 6 competitions a month where your name goes in a bag, I won one last year that ended up probably being worth over £600 and thats from £5 per year so if paying a membership means comps and the chance of winning something then I'm all for paying a small amount per year
        Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

I have tried them all but my allegiance has always been talk angling and always will be there is something special about this site there always has been...regardless of which site you belong to there is always a welcome on here.In the great plan of things all internet angling sites are a great way of getting results and information out faster than magazines and angling papers.
          In darkness we do what we can
          In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Over the years I have tried most, I really enjoyed total-fishing at the height of its popularity, but that has now died a death due to there own club site I think, which is now dead aswell

Theres Definatley a friendly field about talk angling, where everyone feels welcome!

Comment

I'm a member of MFS and here.
              I get different benefits from both sites adn consider both another tool in my angling armoury.

Larry hit on point there, i think angling mags like the Times and Mail have had there day and these forums will be there demise.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Remember that sometime you pay to remove the adverts because the forum is hosted by a free server, this is an option for some people who do not want a whole hosting package but just want to run a forum.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                  Larry hit on point there, i think angling mags like the Times and Mail have had there day and these forums will be there demise.
                  Not sure that is quite true Spadger, I sneak a quick read of fishing mags in newsagents every week but would NEVER buy them anymore.

errr old enough to remember when only Carp mags were Carp Talk and Carp World, glad I left that carp fishing stuff way behind me now lol

And you have to remember not every Angler has the benefit of net access.

Comment

Rather burn a fiver than give it the scum at mfs!

Comment

Lol nath it's a tenner now!!!!

Comment

its £10 now nath.......

Comment

in that case ,from what ive heard id be very surprised if nathan burnt a tenner
                          brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

going slightly o/t, cant remember how long TA has been going, i can remember when GP owned the site and i was on dial up, jeeze if my memory serves me even KA (f.blu) posted on here about 9yrs ago (i took me a while to sign up)!!!

Comment

i joined in 2000.lillome......on the old server there is a guest book with some interesting names....

Comment

Working...
                              X