Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing too deep or too shallow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing too deep or too shallow?

The last couple of times I've fished the Bridgewater canal in Runcorn the wind has been extreme to say the least, and I'm having a problem with bite indication. I've used a plummet and the float is set to the correct depth, however the canal is different depths at just a foot nearer or further. The problem I'm having is that the float is drifting off to one side and dissapearing. All I can think is that im too shallow and the float is being taken by the wind and the bait is being caught on something under the water as its pulled along. Today after seeing the float SLOWLY pull under I pulled out to find a bag on my hook, and that happened 3 times! Any advice would be appreciated.

Try laying the rig about 3 inches on the bottom, this might help
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Thats called BAGGIN !!

Comment

try a different float pattern change to one with a shoulder like a small river float or is it you are using to light a float you can also try a back shot if it is to help steady the float

Comment

Working...
        X