Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Elastics...advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elastics...advice

I've recently been fishing my local water, where the carp got up to 28lb, although i am a match angler and don't go out to catch carp in excess of 20lb on the odd occasion i have caught fish in the 16-17lb carp on the pole on black hydro although i cant fault the elastic in general i seem to be stumped when fishing margins and snags as not only does it take too long to get the fish in and stretches for a mile (on pulla), i run the risk of loosing rig after rig . i'm just looking for a elastic (not nessecarily on a pulla) that can handle lumps and give me the advantage of getting the fish out of these situations, but still soft enough to not be bumping off smaller carp and bream... any help would be appriciated ..thanks guys .Rossy

CARP 16LB 20Z.jpg

hi rossy .what pole have you got and what the elastic ratings for top kits. .

if you going to do margin fishing with snags then i would get margin pole with 20+ elastic rating
    hi use for snags daiwa purple hydro on pulla kit.
    Last edited by dunk; 1 May 2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

just step it up then mate red hydro or orange vespe for down the edge

Comment

or you can ether set your elastic tighter or just putting it through one section of your pole

Comment

Originally posted by fishboy1 View Post
          just step it up then mate red hydro or orange vespe for down the edge
          Just on a conventional bung mate ?

vespe never seen this you got a link ?

Comment

is it not worth using solid elastic for down the edge ?

Comment

I use solid down the edge, set pretty tight, so it bottoms out quickly. As with all things elastic, it will end up being your personal preference

Comment

I use Middy Hi Viz 14-16 for down the edge and that is fine, soft but doesnt stretch a mile.
                [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

hi mate yer on a normal bung i wouldnt whant it on a puller other wise you start to brake top kits

Professional Match Fishing Products

Comment

Vespe PRODUCTS E2 Bi-Core Hollow pole elastic

Comment

i and the other guys use this at places like rolfs were the fish avrge 10lb and its not uncommon to see a few twentys being caught

Comment

I use solids through out (personal choice) in the margins 16-18 pure latex and if lumps around snags 25 mate.
                        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Originally posted by fishboy1 View Post
                          or you can ether set your elastic tighter or just putting it through one section of your pole
                          red hydro through one section lol.

Comment

no im talking of black hydro lol

Comment

I would use Brown Hydro through 2 sections.
                              I have used the Middy 25 solid at Boddington and had it snap more than once when it bottoms out.

Comment

Working...
                              X