Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishery weight limits!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishery weight limits!!

I have had a day from hell today and was wondering if anyone else has had the displeasure of being disqualified for being over a weight limit??

how do you mean?? amount of fish in each net .....amount of bait ????

Comment

In the club I fish with we have 50Lb weight limit per net. There is a 10% margin that is given for error so they will tollerate 55Lb but you will get a warning for future matches. Anything over that is scrubbed but you do not get disqualified.

Comment

getting a bit ott you will more nets than bait boxes soon

Comment

Was told @ Larford must use 3nets minimum on fish o qualifier 75%of the match on Speci
          would have struggled to put 1 fish in each net .
          1 or 2 FISH seemed to be average.
          Colin

Comment

for me yesterday I was told 60lb limit, I had 61lb 04 and was disqualified. I don't fish commercials much and have always been known as "the liar" but i dont do it on purpose, I honestly never have a clue what weight i have got. I only had around 20 fish but well under estimated ( I thought i had 45lb ). I appreciate the line has to be drawn somewhere and would of swallowed a warning and a reduction in weight but just to be straight disqualified on my first time of getting it wrong and by such a small margin i thought was out of hand? I had won the match and baring in mind, one of the fish i estimated at 12lb, would of actually gone about 18 to 20, yes that is my fault but i put it in the net at 2:58 and they was weighing me in at 3:20. My net is 4m long, 800mm wide and yet some have nets 2.5m and half the diameter, none of this stood for anything yesterday. Another gripe is, its only a 2 net fishery, so you can put 60lb in the first, then as much as you like in a second, it doesnt add up. Before the new baliff came I have seen matches won with 170 odd pound and they was all in one net. Lastly, since the restrictions of a weight to a net, some "regulars" have been over the limit and there weights have firstly counted ie the whole weight but the worse until me yesterday has been a reduction to the weight limit allowed. I was not a happy bunny to say the least!!!!!

Comment

i agree trying to estimate your weight while fishing is not easy
              Would be far easier to limit the number of fish in a net to 15 or 20 fish & any BIG fish to be put in 2nd net .
              Colin

Comment

Just had a phone call about this same venue. One of the "regulars" has had 60odd lb in one net and 70odd lb in the other and the same baliff has weighed him in, was he disqualified??? No he has won the match and been paid out? Whats all that about? Talk about being unfair and having " favourates "!!!!

Comment

It sounds Bent to me !!
                  They obviously Dont want any outsiders taking their Money
                  You Know what im like I would have Lost my Temper Big Style & ended up banned for life !!
                  Colin

Comment

Yeh, they have had my pants down. My worst result in last 6 visits has been 3rd, I've upset the apple cart so it would appear they have took a dirty tactic to stop another win. I wont be going back out of principle unless I get paid out or a public apology, so may as well be banned!!

Comment

personaly what we do is get it caped so if its 100ib per net then you weigh in 110ib it only counts as 100ib

Comment

Pfffffff!!! conspiring against a member of the colmic carp crew. Set the Snedster on em...... mr cups carpz.

We dont get squabbles like this ont'cut!!
                        OCH !!! The TowPath Warrior !!!
                        [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]?ClayLaners Rock!![/I][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

All this *******s does my head in--too many rules and limits etc--thats why I very rarely fish commercials,
                          Preferring to stick to small venues with friendly understanding owners, rivers and club venues.
                          Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

I was on this venue on weds on the match apparently it 50lb a net with 10lb margin and your disqualification was thrown about.. I think the rule on there is 50lb a net in two nets but if you are over that distribute the weight between the two nets as best as you can ... The idea is that only the odd angler is going to do over a ton so that's not too bad .... As friendly advice I always put two nets in and rotate the nets on every fish this way I never get caught out also I would never put a second net in halfway through and disturb my swim in case I was fishing close in

Comment

Name and shame??

Comment

Working...
                              X