Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bream fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bream fishing

hi guys wondering if you had any advice i have been fishing a venue with a good head of large bream and find it really hard to get them in my swim and they seem to get easily spooked (i bumped one off and my swim went dead for half an hour) i was wondering would i be best fishing like 3-4 inches overdepth ? also what baits would be best? and how much should i feed ?

Cheers dan

i fish for bream weekly and i too have problems with the bigger bream. if you are using a pole start off dead bottom adjusting slightly to suit bites, using maggots and feeding maggots, casters if you have them, some micro pellets and a few grains of corn if you are going to hook it, if you want to flavour your pellets try oyster sauce or a stir fry sauce. i fish plain expander pellets once the skimmers/bream are feeding well and feed a tosspot every put in. i think the best way for the bigger skimmers/bream is feeder fishing, soaked micro pellets in a cage feeder and corn or pellet on a hair rig or hard pellet banded

Comment

ok cheers mate any groundbaits you would recommend or will anything do when you get them feeding ? also will soft hookers work well ?

Comment

????????????????????????????

Comment

soft expanders work well on the pole and there are soft hookers that will hair rig, sonubaits do a good range of soft hookers that will hair rig and hard pellets for banding

Comment

ok cheers any particular groundbaits ?

Comment

Groundbait wise mate,bream love it sweet and they love fishmeal flavours too. I had some good bream catches last year using yorkshire baits sweet toffee groundbait mixed 50/50 with brown crumb. Very sweet,but good. Or try a fishmeal groundbait and add liquid brasem or strawberry to the water before you mix it. Special g green is good too. On the hook I prefer using chopped worm and red maggot,but it depends on the venue,some places they'll only take pellet or corn,so just try different baits.
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Silver X and brown crumb 50/50,cage feeder,red maggots and sweetcorn.Thats what i always start with.
                I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. ~Robert Altman

Comment

blood worm and joker work very well....... i would start with hook on the bottom...............................

Comment

Working...
                  X