Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Rod licence

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod licence

How do chaps. Can anyone tell me what the official EA stance and/or procedure is when an angler who has bought a rod licence is caught fishing without it?

the Baillif checks your name address etc on phone
    no penalty
    Colin

Comment

Don't they need the licence number though BC.....I didn't think they could check using a name and address

Comment

Used to have to use number when licence was paper, everything is digital now so the check is easy.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
          Don't they need the licence number though BC.....I didn't think they could check using a name and address
          Dont need anything other than name & postcode
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Correct Big Col
            John

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
              Correct Big Col
              John

Comment

Ive been checked 3 times in the past 3 years and each time I was with out it, I keep it in my wallet but never take it fishing! It was the same every time, they ask you your name and date of birth then ring up head quarter where they confirm you have one. No problem at all. My manner is always pleasant and theres is too.

Comment

It must depend on the area where you live, they just don't bother where I go.

Comment

Thought they could still make you pack up your gear if you didnt have it on you?

Comment

Why dont you keep it in your seatbox?

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                      Ive been checked 3 times in the past 3 years and each time I was with out it, I keep it in my wallet but never take it fishing! It was the same every time, they ask you your name and date of birth then ring up head quarter where they confirm you have one. No problem at all. My manner is always pleasant and theres is too.
                      To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Comment

I agree Blueser I can't see a reason why anyone shouldn't, perhaps if some sort of penalty should be imposed for not being in possession like there used to be.

Comment

I always keep mine in the seatbox, haven't been asked to show it in years.
                          [URL="http://www.fishingquestions.co.uk/"]Fishing Questions[/URL]

Comment

Cheers all. I'd heard it was just a matter of checking your details via a phone call to HQ but thought it best to have it confirmed.

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                            I agree Blueser I can't see a reason why anyone shouldn't, perhaps if some sort of penalty should be imposed for not being in possession like there used to be.
                            There's always one isn't there? I wouldn't bet against old Jethro being head of the Spanish Inquisitions fishing department during a previous life.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueman View Post
                              Cheers all. I'd heard it was just a matter of checking your details via a phone call to HQ but thought it best to have it confirmed.

There's always one isn't there? I wouldn't bet against old Jethro being head of the Spanish Inquisitions fishing department during a previous life.

That's not so Fred but if a vacancy pops up for imposing penalties on anglers being too idle or or anyone in the can't be bothered brigade I shall be first in line for the post.
                              You can bet your life dodges would stay at home then.
                              The only reason for not carrying their licence in my book is because it's been loaned to someone who doesn't have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X