Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Temporary Price Increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Price Increase?

Split Shot / Lead Shot Float Fishing Weights 7 Compartment | eBay

Must be the last set of shot left in the world at that price!

must be platinum or something!
    i'm not lazy, just energy efficient.

Comment

Sellers move the decimal point to disaude buyers when they are actually out of stock. It saves relisting something and incurring extra costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Vimes View Post
        Sellers move the decimal point to disaude buyers when they are actually out of stock. It saves relisting something and incurring extra costs.
        I see. Well, I`ve used ebay since 1999, and have never come across that before. But surely this seller, and indeed other sellers that do this are, to put politely, rather silly. If they haven`t got the stock, then the item shouldn`t be listed! I wonder what Lord Sugar would make of them!?

Comment

Originally posted by Gudgeon Governor View Post
          I wonder what Lord Sugar would make of them!?
          I suspect that he'd see the sense in minimizing costs and maximizing profits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Vimes View Post
            I suspect that he'd see the sense in minimizing costs and maximizing profits.
            I doubt that. You can only make profit if you sell something for more than what you get it in for. If this seller doesn`t have stock, he can`t sell it, therefore can make no profit! You can`t sell what you haven`t got!

Comment

Originally posted by Gudgeon Governor View Post
              I doubt that. You can only make profit if you sell something for more than what you get it in for. If this seller doesn`t have stock, he can`t sell it, therefore can make no profit! You can`t sell what you haven`t got!
              Quite, but if in letting the advert lapse you incur even greater costs, then it makes perfect sense to retain the listing by moving the decimal point to deter bids. In fact, not doing so would exacerbate the stupidity of allowing yourself to run out of stock. I find it hard to believe that Alan Sugar would incur unnecessary costs. The crux is the lack of stock, however, retailers sometimes can't allow for suppliers not supplying.

Comment

stots are better any way......no decimal points in them....
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I expect is someone is silly enough to buy it at that price then the seller will drive round looking for one to post out!
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by Oneabung View Post
                    I expect is someone is silly enough to buy it at that price then the seller will drive round looking for one to post out!
                    Or even deliver in person!

Comment

Working...
                    X