Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Need help winning!! :L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help winning!! :L

Hi all,

New here

Ive come on here, to see if anyone can help me with this task. Im going fishing on the Weekend at Lake Ross, and ive got a match against a friend. He goes fishing every weekend, and i havnt been fishing for 1.5 years :L.

I have 2 poles, a middy 6m carp pole, and a cool holiday 400 (4m). I need some help with some tips on how to beat him. We are doing from 10 till 1.30 fishing for the most to catch, then from 1.30 to 5 going for the biggest one we can catch,

So far my tactics are to fish mid layer in the morning to catch as many fish as possible, then in the afternoon, take a risk and fish near the bottom for the big ones. Is this a good thing to do??

Also bait, as its going to be 24 degrees full sun this weekend, im going for strawberry oil bait, with sweetcorn and ground bait and maggots in the pole cup, and maybe put a mixture on the hook, not sure. Im going angling shop this week to pick some things up, and get a couple of more rigs for the poles, what would you suggest??

All the tips you can give me will be great!!, going to check my tackle again now, as its warm, get it all out and have a good look, and will post what i have got soon, so you can say what i need.

Thanks alot
    Mike
    Gone Fishing!

Just also would say, do i need a new licence to fish in a lake? had one, but its expired i think ;L
    Gone Fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
      Just also would say, do i need a new licence to fish in a lake?L
      Yes, if you havn't bought one since April this year!!

Comment

will get one then ,

Just checked my bait, got

6mm strawberry oil
        8mm oli bait

They have been in a sealed bag for 1 year, and are still oily and smell okay, as in still strawberry smelling :L, but would it be best getting more or diffrent?? what is the best bait for carp, using a pole in warm temperatures in lakes? also got roach and tench
        Gone Fishing!

Comment

Pellet, sweet corn, maggott, casters, meat, bread, boilies, hemp, worms. I would generally take, corn, meat, maggott, pellets, and bread for off the top late evening. Hope this helps mate!!

Comment

Thanks alot, will try and get most, if not all of those any more tips mate?? need as much as possible :L

Thanks
            Gone Fishing!

Comment

Fish your 6mtr pole at 2 oclock and 10 oclock or a feature/island and keep feeding little and often, also don't forget to plumb your depth if fishing on the bottom, look for signs of carp in the margins and feed throughout the day, and see if others are catching there as well, this will be a good area to fish in the latter part of the afternoon, but a lot can depend on type of venue your fishing. Good luck mate tight lines!!

Comment

Give the owner a ring and ask him what the best methods and baits that are catching fish at the moment and what the best pegs to fish.

Comment

Thanks, im going Lake ross if anyone knows it?? its a smallish lake, ive used oil pellets before that have caught some, and same with sweetcorn, but will give him a call what levels are they at this time of year, or does it vary?
                  Thanks
                  Gone Fishing!

Comment

Working...
                  X