Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Why its so good to be Irish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why its so good to be Irish.

I went out yesterday with a mate to a venue near Gowna Co Cavan which is never fished by visiting anglers.
    Its a little bit off the beaten track and required a 100m walk from a laneway.

We were field testing new range of Traper Groundbait supplied by Colm Lynch of East Coast Angling Navan. This range of groundbait is soon to be released to the Irish Market.
    As a Maver backed angler I also wanted to give my new Elite E Carp a proper rattle in the wind.

I fished the pole at 13m for 5 hours in heavy wind using my new Maver Elite E Carp at 13m with a 3g float in 5 foot of water with 0.16 maver genesis straight through to a size 15 hook.

During the course of his 5 hours I netted in excess on 130 roach, hybrids and bream weighing in 60lb. Other species to fall victim to this method was a 2lb brown trout and a 6 lb pike all of which were returned to the water immediately.

Eamonn fished a 12 foot Maver Reactorlite feeder rod and reactorlite reel at 25 turns landing in excess 45lb of bream to 2kg, roach, skimmers and hybrids on maggot on a size 14 hook.

Both of us fished red maggot on the hook and fed 2 pints of caster and half a kilo of worm each.

This was a virgin stretch of water which is only known to a few local anglers and hadnt been fished in excess of 15 years, no prebaiting was used.

Where else on this planet could one have such a great days free fishing.

Some of the best canal fishing i ever do is around the Tullamore area in Offally.
    Don't get over there often now as wifey has put a ban on me taking my tackle whe we visit the outlaws.
    Loads of unfished water around the Tullamore area and i have regularly had bags of bream in excess of 100lb.
    If they don't show 30-40lb of silvers is not unusual but still great fishing. I hardly ever see another human being never mind an angler.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

My mate Eamonn lives in Tullamore. Serious tench bags there at the moment on canal
      Last edited by dunno; 24 May 2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

mate your one lucky man ive been once the people are so friendly to you and its a beautiful coutry ill be back over there on 3 months cant wait
        [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
        X