Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Spawning how long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning how long

hi chaps
    fished a lake yesterday which resembled a jacuzzi due to mass spawning the owner said they started wednesday , as we have a match on there sunday how long does this mass orgy take place

Decent weather and around 4 days ish should see it done. Will still fish crap though as they will be preoccupied eating the eggs.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Often pays to fish close in when its like that though.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Most venues round here put a 3mtr limit in force when spawning !!
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
          Decent weather and around 4 days ish should see it done. Will still fish crap though as they will be preoccupied eating the eggs.
          Eating their own eggs? although they prob do eat some, it is not in their interests to eat their own eggs, generally many silvers eat carp eggs and carp eat silvers eggs.

Comment

4 days? not sure your right there SPADGER , everywhere i have been when they have been spawning, its lasted for a week or more and if the weather stays settled for a few weeks or more, they can and will spawn at least once or twice...in relation to eating their own eggs, has anyone tried AQUA SPAWN which is an immitaion fish egg, very similar looking to actual fish eggs....its digestible, got immitation veins running through it and is aparently biodegradeable...i can reccomend a supplier if anyone is interested?

Comment

If the weather stays settled it takes aroung 4 days on my local commie.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Well I hope they been at it since Monday on my local or tomorrow will be sunbathing not fishing!!!!

Comment

hi chaps well fished the match on sunday , the owner said they finished spawning saturday and as some of you predicted it fished dire two weeks ago i won an open with 132lb i managed to win again this time though i only needed 24lb and two burnt knee's , most couldn't get a bite .

Comment

Working...
                  X