Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Big fish - Broken Rod - Happy boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big fish - Broken Rod - Happy boy!

Thought i would share today with everyone.

After a day of baking sun and being nagged to death i took my son for a couple of hours fishing at a local small commie.
    I bought him a shimano reel and a Maver Abyss 10ft x series in the middle of last year.
    He had a load of smaller rudd and skimmers but our enforced final fish is below.
    He dropped the float in just at the edge of the fishing platform without much hope as he had been stamping about for a good couple of hours but i had been dripping pellets and corn in anyway. After about a minute the float sunk into the murky depths and he struck in the wild way a 5 year old does. The clutch (i had set light) screamed and fortunately the fish screamed out into the middle of the lake. He fought it mostly on his own and i managed to not bash to off the hook when netting it.
    We didnt weigh it as it didnt matter it was his biggest fish ever. Sadly whilst sorting himself out to get some snaps he stood on his rod and broke it four rings from the tip, Gutted!!!! Spent the evening trawling the net for a replacement section and emailed maver to see if they can help me out!
    Great session with my boy even though i didnt even touch my own rod and reel. The smile on his face was amazing and well worth it!
    IMG_1957.jpg

Proper result for him,the smile says it all.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

ahh brilliant takes me back does that story.

Comment

Classic, he will be hooked for a life time of pure enjoyment from here on in

Comment

A great story, so pleased for your son, I bet you were as over the moon as him.

Sorry to hear about the rod, I know its longer but I have a Maver Genesis 12 or 13 foot rod (not sure without getting it out of the shed) thats been used once or twice, that he can have if its any use to him
          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

BB, know that he's hooked mate you better watch out, you will be lad licked from know on mate.
            Fantastic picture of a well chuffed lad, long may it continue. The future looks bright.
            Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
            ><((((?>
            .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Comment

cant wait to take my boy for the first time neither can his mum lol. just not quite old enough yet. congrats to the little dude

Comment

Working...
              X