Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishing licence yes no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing licence yes no

To be honest it does seem like a bit of a give give give country, but there is a lot of work that goes on by the money collected from fishing licence sales.
    Granted we don't all get to see much of it, but look at the amount of water to ea officers ratio and I'm sure you will agree that it ain't light work. Im all for a licence even though I can't remember having one checked.

Those who disagree with paying it look at it this way.
    You pay council tax
    Road tax
    Income tax
    Death tax
    Tax on your savings
    Airport tax
    To mention a few and some think £27 is an issue (really)

This post is in response to the last one I didn't get to reply to please keep this post to the point and calm.
    Paypal gift is for friends only

I'm not against the rod licence & I say it's a fare price & the EA do far more than employ bailiffs.
    In real terms £27 is far less than the old regional ones were.
    For me £18 so that's a result.
    I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
    He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

There is a much easier way to collect money than a fishing licence, lets abandon the licence all together and get the fishery owners to collect a tax of £2 a day on top of the day ticket. That way all the morons who do not pay for there licence at the present time will have to pay there dues Simples
      Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
      If you havnt got a good partner.
      Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

What about the types that fish venues that are not controlled or free fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rive t View Post
          There is a much easier way to collect money than a fishing licence, lets abandon the licence all together and get the fishery owners to collect a tax of £2 a day on top of the day ticket. That way all the morons who do not pay for there licence at the present time will have to pay there dues Simples
          So someone who fishes twice a week thoughout the year will be paying £208.00 "tax" Get real TONE.
          But if fishery owners were fined for allowing people to fish without a licence in the same way shopkeepers are fined for selling alcohol and ciggy"s to underage customers,then it would make it far more difficult to get away with.
          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I think you may be on to something there mate, fishery owners could ask to see your licence and drivers licence to confirm its you and if you ain't got it there be a charge on top of the pegging fee.
            Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

Originally posted by rich200 View Post
              I think you may be on to something there mate, fishery owners could ask to see your licence and drivers licence to confirm its you and if you ain't got it there be a charge on top of the pegging fee.
              might be difficult -- i dont drive lol, and i aint carrying me passport about !!

Comment

What if you don't drive, would a rent book be acceptable.

Comment

There will always be an element that will find a way round things but if you have to produce your licence almost everytime you fish it would no doubt put a stop to most of the dodgers.

Comment

I think the simple fact is that you hardley ever get checked for a licence.
                    I fish both commies and the river.
                    I hold a certain association permit and have only ever been asked for my permit never my licence and last summer i was fishing the river at least twice a week for a 4 month period. I dont think i even had to submit a licence number to get a permit when i renewed it (i may be wrong so feel free to correct me and accept my apologies) but surely associations should get a licence number from you before they sell you a permit. There is no licence number box on the application form on the website. (i do think the they do a cracking job of maintaining their waters though)
                    I think the only time i have been checked in the last 4 years is by fish farmer at Cob house. Ive fished around ten other venues locally and have NEVER been checked.
                    At the end of the day it is down to the fisheries bailiff to check. I understand why some may not, you just dont know how people that may not have a licence will react to being challenged and i doubt bailiffs are paid enought to have to deal with being threatened.

Comment

To stop all licence evaders a proper penalty should be imposed.
                      Anyone not able to produce their licence on demand should have a community service penalty. If they have no licence they should be publicly birched.

Comment

Originally posted by tunna View Post
                        might be difficult -- i dont drive lol, and i aint carrying me passport about !!
                        Take your free bus pass then !!!!!!!
                        Blind acceptance is a sign of stupid fools that stand in line

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob View Post
                          Take your free bus pass then !!!!!!!
                          Pmsl ya plank, still got 11 years yet

Comment

Originally posted by bungletbear View Post
                            At the end of the day it is down to the fisheries bailiff to check. I understand why some may not, you just dont know how people that may not have a licence will react to being challenged and i doubt bailiffs are paid enought to have to deal with being threatened.
                            Thats the point I"m making,It"s NOT down th the fisheries staff to check for EA licences, but it should be.I hold 2 associaton books and do get checked on them but as you say both groups state you are required to hold a valid EA licence bit niether asked to see mine before selling me thier books.

Comment

Don't mind paying the £27,but not seeing bailiffs does pee me off.I wonder where the money goes when no bailiffs check licences.I know thay do other things,but @ £27 a head & more people fish than any other sport it's not good.

Comment

Working...
                              X