Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sponsorship ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship ???

I have recieved an PM from Halfbean asking if i wouid like to be sponsored ??
    Unfortunately his idea of sponsorship is Miles away from any sponsorship deal i have ever recieved !!
    IMO the sponsorship deals that are about today offer absolutely Nothing to most of the Anglers involved !!
    Obviously some of the Big names do get a proper deal ,But are Basicaly Part time or full time employees of the relevant companies.
    Most other sponsored Anglers are even charged for Clothing emblazoned with the Company logo,this is an Absolute Joke !!
    You are paying to be a Walking Advertising Board !!
    In years gone by Sponsorship was real & everything was available to the Angler concerned FREE
    also in some circustances we were actualy paid monthly expences .
    At best now they may offer items @ anywhere from 10% discount to Cost .
    I have a cupboard full of clothing from Shakespeare /Seymo/Normark/Tri-cast + loads of smaller companies that i will be only too pleased to wear & advertise their companies in appreciation of the support they gave me !!
    When i have Lost enough weight to get in them !!
    Dont think i will be persuaded to pay for the priveledge of being sponsored by anyone (Thank you )
    Colin

u got to watch out for that guy

Comment

lol Fishboy

The sponsorship offered at present to most sponsored anglers that are of good angling quality are high quantities of bait at cost (inc all p and p in UK). Of course if Steve Ringer was sponsored by us then we might offer him something more attractive. Basically it provides anglers with an opportunity to show the angling world their value as a sponsored angler and the more media exposure they get the better deals we can offer them.

For example one of our sponsored anglers has been working on (and testing) a new product for launch to the market. In two weeks times it will be passed over to an independant bait tester who will put it through its paces in independent tests and give us the results. If the results are good then the bait will carry his name thereby increasing his own value in the sponsorship world and improving the range of baits Halfbean Baits provides. It is a win win. Basically we are giving people a chance to get on in angling and at the same time we are being rewarded by them promoting our brand at a low cost to Halfbean Baits, its a win win, and everyone has a free choice if they want to take up the opportunity or not.
      Last edited by Halfbean; 1 June 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I do have to say partial sponsorship is or does seem to be the route many companies now take, although in a past life I've enjoyed full sponsorship, wages and all expenses trips round the world to conduct seminars etc. In fishing if wearing a companies shirt and getting bait at cost means that my monthly bait bill drops from £200 to £80 then I think thats a very fair saving and something worth looking into.

Saying that, before I started fishing for Miracle Baits, I had an offer was on the table but I told Steve that as I hadn't tried all his baits I couldn't be fair to him or myself by saying yes there and them, a month down the road and fishing matches at least twice a week and please sessions another twice a week I took the offer as I found the bait worked and suited me. Just because there's an offer doesn't mean it should be taken, sponsorship is a 2 way street and companies are not in the habit of giving money away for nothing, well not unless they have a desire to go under.
        Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Shooter i still fish on average 5 times a week & have to be honest on the venues i fish mostly with all the bait bans in force
          I would find it virtualy impossible (thank god ) to spend any where near that amount on Bait
          Glad i dont regularly fish matches on the Severn Avon & Wye anymore !!
          Typical bait bill for some of the Hereford matches range from £30 to £60 so you have to Win to end in profit !!
          sections rarely pay your expences any more !!
          Colin

Comment

i've just got a part sponsor from miracle baits for me its a great way for me to proceed, for one think its reduced my bait bill and renewed confidence its stopped me being lazy with how i fish.

i'm grateful of the opportunity which steve has provided as i dont fish many matches at all so getting any type of sponsorship would of been hard. however with what steve is offering is allowing me a good opportunity to increase my fishing and who knows what may happen in the future. He is also always on hand to offer advice.

Comment

Steve is a great bloke & has always been approachable
              Definately 1 of the Best Past Anglers i have ever seen !!
              I believe he helps a few with bait in my area @ moment
              But i also believe that the main recipiants of his sponsorship are actualy Reps for Miracle Baits
              A part sponsorship is fine if it helps both parties concerned !!
              Yes i do have part sponsorship from a few small outlets now & would obviously welcome more !!
              If i was certain i could give them value for their commitment !!
              Steve if you are Reading this PM me mate !!
              Maybe we could help each other ??
              My initial post was aimed @ major companies not the smaller independants
              Colin

Comment

I think the part sponsorship from halfbean is a bit of a catch 22.

Forget the recent shenanigans on here. From the anglers point of view, he is trusting his hard earned in the hands of an unproven bait supplier. Likewise, halfbean is placing is hard earned in the hands if an unknown angler, even letting bait go at cost, or just under.

The lad above with part sponsorship with miracle baits is at least placing his trust in an established company with a proven product. to my simple mind this is a logical arrangement for part sponsorship.

I was very surprised with the Fp1's that Simon didn't wing out a free freebies first. Maybe he did, just not on here. I suppose at least Simon had a reputation and some credibility from running the site. Maybe this is why the initially discounted products were sold with relative ease.

Halfbean, if you want my honest opinion, I think you need to flirt a few samples to lads on here. I just can't see it gathering any speed otherwise. You won't shift your product in here even as partial sponsorship on the back of limited eBay feedback.

If you want your paste to take the Pepsi challenge against mine, PM me. I'll write an honest review.

By the way, I'm not in it for free bait. I'd be doing you a favour, but I'm not paying for the privellidge
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                  Steve is a great bloke & has always been approachable
                  Definately 1 of the Best Past Anglers i have ever seen !!
                  I believe he helps a few with bait in my area @ moment
                  But i also believe that the main recipiants of his sponsorship are actualy Reps for Miracle Baits
                  A part sponsorship is fine if it helps both parties concerned !!
                  Yes i do have part sponsorship from a few small outlets now & would obviously welcome more !!
                  If i was certain i could give them value for their commitment !!
                  Steve if you are Reading this PM me mate !!
                  Maybe we could help each other ??
                  My initial post was aimed @ major companies not the smaller independants
                  If you go on the miracle baits web site http://miraclebaits.com/ he is asking for anglers to put forward a cv with a view to having a part sponsership deal. I was going to forward my angling cv as i am doing well of late picking up 10 times out of 12 in matches localy and have done quite well over the past few years, fisho 4th etc. A part sponsership for some one of my ability would be about right, i haven't done so though as even though i see steve fairly regularly and have used his paste for the last 4 years which in my opnion can't be beaten i only use his expanda's as hook bait and non of his other pellets. I fish a lot of venue's were you can only use the fishery pellets as feed and this would be the area of greatest expenditure and therefor i can't see the point for some one like me, if i was good enough to be viewed as worth sponsering.
                  Last edited by D N W; 1 June 2012, 05:42 PM.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post

Forget the recent shenanigans on here. From the anglers point of view, he is trusting his hard earned in the hands of an unproven bait supplier. Likewise, halfbean is placing is hard earned in the hands if an unknown angler, even letting bait go at cost, or just under.

The lad above with part sponsorship with miracle baits is at least placing his trust in an established company with a proven product. to my simple mind this is a logical arrangement for part sponsorship.
                    I don't think that is particulary true. A number of people know me in the angling world, not least due to the national competition I organise. Whereas I had never even heard of Mirical baits. I think it just depends on what circles you are involved with. Anyway all doubts will be put to rest in the Battle of the Baits match.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfbean View Post
                      I don't think that is particulary true. A number of people know me in the angling world, not least due to the national competition I organise. Whereas I had never even heard of Mirical baits. I think it just depends on what circles you are involved with. Anyway all doubts will be put to rest in the Battle of the Baits match.

The reason I had heard of miracle baits was due to the fact that Steve had broken the match record twice using it and his sponsored anglers are in the angling times with match wins. I can't say I have read or heard of any one winning a match on halfbean baits. By the way who ever is the brains behind the name. Sack them it wouldn't inspire me to buy any.
                      Steve Davies

Comment

Nobody is disputing that. The fact remains though, that the people in the angling world you know don't appear to be members of TA, or if they are they are not coming forward to endorse your products.

Dont forget that is TA members you are offering partial sponsorship to. You may be a complete legend in your own angling circles, but in here you are ( it would appear ) to all intents and purposes a nobody.

Like I said in PM, good luck in your venture.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Oh dear another thread hi jacked by mr bean to become nothing more than another free advert for his so called products.
                          Methinks its time for it to be locked

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but who are you, and who are your sponsored anglers.
                            Whatever you do, someone will always say "they knew you would"....!. :(:(:(

Comment

Brian, he hasn't hijacked it. He's just standing his corner, it's other members have brought his name up, you can't deny him defending himself or his business methods.

Also, and I stand to be corrected, the other thread that was locked was not started by halfbean touting his wares. Again, he came along to defend/ and try and promote his products.

Give him a break, it's all bit TA vs halfbean. He's not really breaking any rules unless I am missing something ?
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X