Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Proof at last...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof at last...

Apparently HB is going fishing:

Haven't been fishing for big 'uns for a while though, in te past I have used the quick stop beads i think ... anyway off to a nice location tommorow that has doubles so hopefully I'll get a couple

Sorry to mods for posting a quotation from another forum, but maybe this time he can prove we have all been wrong by providing pics / details of the session.

Who's HB ?
    John

Comment

Who"s interested////////?????????????
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I imagine he means halfbean but I could be wrong

Comment

im bored of it all now

Comment

Good thinking Jimbo your probably right. hes bound to catch loads of doubles, wonder if he will use his special shooter bait lol
            John

Comment

Greenbank stop posting threads that lead to Halfbean feeling the need to reply to, or are you simply his stooge. Why not leave him to reply on the other forum.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                Greenbank stop posting threads that lead to Halfbean feeling the need to reply to, or are you simply his stooge. Why not leave him to reply on the other forum.

Fair play Brian, but I am not his stooge, far from it.

Just wanted to show up an ebay bait seller - prob' one of many on there - that makes wild claims with no evidence of ANY captures on the bait.

Comment

Arn't all claims wild....or has anyone ever had a Carp say.."that was nice"?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                    Arn't all claims wild....or has anyone ever had a Carp say.."that was nice"?

Yes, but I was trying to stop it wriggling for a photograph at the time, and it's mouth was already full.
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Wow....were you trying to spit roast it ?

Comment

Originally posted by greenbank View Post

Haven't been fishing for big 'uns for a while though, in te past I have used the quick stop beads i think ... anyway off to a nice location tommorow that has doubles so hopefully I'll get a couple

Sorry to mods for posting a quotation from another forum, but maybe this time he can prove we have all been wrong by providing pics / details of the session.
                        Unfortunatly due to the number of orders I have recieved for Halfbean Bait and a number of sponsorship requests I didn't make it. However, I will be on the bank tommorow as I am fishing in the semi-final of the county championships at Timsbury.

Comment

Originally posted by greenbank View Post

Come on mate, lets call it a day having a rib at him, I mean how would you feel if in July 11 you were asking if you can make groundbait a couple of days ahead of going fishing and if it would be ok/work, or even if in Aug 11 you had to ask what a connector on the end of the elastic was for :O so give the bloke a chance he's come a very long way is such a short time
                          Baits designed and proven to catch fish, not anglers

[URL]http://www.miraclebaits.com/[/URL]

Comment

Shooter,

You are right ) , I am sorry to question such an angler who can fish at Timsbury, if indeed this is where he means: http://www.timsburyfishery.co.uk/info.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Brian G View Post
                              Brian I actually find all this semi-advertising distastful. Here is an open letter I have posted on the other forum. I suggest we just draw a line under these things.

Dear all
                              I am concerned about the integrity of our forum.
                              One thing that I truly valued about xxx forum is that when I asked for advice over kit, bait, where to fish or whatever, I could rely on the opinions that were posted up as being honest opinions given in the true spirit of helping a fellow anglers improve their angling and enjoyment of fishing. A true breath of fresh air from the heavily sponsored angling magazines.
                              Recently we have seen 2 bait companies offering sponsorship to anglers on xxx and that is a very positive thing for the anglers selected. However, I feel we need to think carefully as an online community just what the repercussions may be of this.
                              You will notice that the offer of sponsorship from Halfbean Baits is included in an advertisement that is obviously part of a paid marketing solution offered by xxx forum. I decided to go down this route as I felt posting it up as a thread would be inappropriate, and obviously any advertising revenue that xxx forum receives from Halfbean Baits will go to help keep xxx forum up and running. In the future I am sure you will see further advertisements for Halfbean products such as the ground bait, paste or goo, and these will appear in the paid advertising banners.
                              My concern is that with two companies on xxx forum sponsoring a number of anglers, posts will become high jacked with soft selling advertisements. I think you can see this already happening in the post about fibre paste, advice is being given which is little more than a product placement activity driving our fellow anglers to buy a product for which the member in question has a monetary interest in. It has taken me some time to come to this conclusion, but as this situation has developed I have found it to be more and more distasteful, and more importantly I am becoming concerned that we are starting to lose what makes xxx forum great, true, free and accurate information.
                              Therfore I would like to know the opinions of fellow forum members as to how we should deal with this problem as a community, so post up your ideas.
                              My general feeling is keep the advertising where it should be and not let it infiltrate the good and sound information that we provide one another. I have no objections to links to websites in a footer that is a different matter and totally fine in my opinion.

All the best

Halfbean

Comment

Working...
                              X