Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Goop - new product, Korda competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goop - new product, Korda competition

Hi all,

Have a look at the new Supa Goop product that we have just launched.

Anyone who wants to give it a try : - http://www.talkangling.co.uk/tackle/...roducts_id=186
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Looks similar to atomic cloud

Comment

Just on a serious note, what is it with this 'carp match' goo / goop or whatever?

In a previous fishing life I used to use bait soaks and dips that seem to have the same effect that were actually made from Boots Glycerin as a base mixed with various fish oils, minamino and whatever flavour took my fancy.

From memory they were very cheap to make and - sometimes - seemed to work.
      Last edited by hurricane; 7 June 2012, 08:08 PM. Reason: provocative posting

Comment

Looks like Glycerin is still available from boots

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Value-...-200ml_852418/

Have fun, it is good for bait ideas, but NOTHING new
        Last edited by greenbank; 7 June 2012, 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Look, I'm not posting this to stir up stuff, but this is a bit of a joke.

The FP1 thread has been wiped. OK, it went off track, but that could have been cleaned up.

You are selling gear on here and getting bad press about it, and then just wiping it.

Before you start peddling new products, you need to address disgruntled punters.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Mr Carpstalker, cant resist having a knock can you, I suggest you ascertain the facts before you jump in with both feet.
            Oneabung did not wipe a thread, I removed into another area of the site to allow it to be considered for modification, as I have done many times before when threads get completely out of hand, and personal attacks are being made. I will add that the decision to remove it was solely mine, and taken without recourse to Oneabung or any other Mod, so if you want to take any one to task try starting with me.
            For your information the same video was posted in the tackle reviews section on 1st June well before i removed any threads.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian,

I am not the anti-oneabung. It just strikes me as bad practice to be selling new products when there are still unresolved problems with the pellets.

And ok, you had your reasons to move the thread from the public eye, but it doesn't look very good. We are not psychic, to the casual observer or potential buyer it looks like its being brushed under the carpet.

Theres nothing in it for me either way, I don't buy or sell packaged bait. I just say it as I see it, and from the PM's I have had I'm not on my own.

I genuinely wish him good luck in his venture, in these times it's not something to be taken lightly, nor is customer service.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Luke C, I locked the thread let it remain on site overnight, with a warning post that it would be removed, thats simply not brushing anything under the carpet. Note that all other threads either good or bad relating to FP1 products remain on site.

Comment

This is becoming somewhat farcicle and comical.
                  JPZ's come out to rave reviews and all of a sudden FP1's are released, allbeit inferior in every way to the JP's (yes i do have them and tried the FP's). Then Ghoo is released and a copy of that product is on the market.
                  What next ? Horlicks sold as sticky pellet in fancy tubs ! Oh sorry, Preston have already cornered that one....
                  It's begining to resemble an episode of Fake Britain.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Spadger,

I tend to agree with you about 'Fake Britain' on baits. I don't know about other stuff going on with FP's so can't comment on that.

What I will say is there is really nothing new in fishing baits anymore.

Maybe someone will come out with a Quercus suber ball shaped pop up with a matching dip that is gonna take the world apart; oh it can also be used as a floater when carp are going 'crazy' on the surface.

Just for info... it's a cork ball

Comment

So do you suggest we revert back to how it was some 50 years back, and groundbait consisted of either brown or white breadcrumb, maggots were white, casters were something the tackle dealer threw away, boillies were still small spuds. Oh yes we would still be using cane rods and cotton reels, the quill would still be the float. Guys it called development.
                      Whilst everything that has come out in the last 50 years has not been a roaring success, just think how much has, i wonder if anglers treated the introduction of fibre glass with the same attitude that some appear to do with anything slightly different today.

Comment

Well Bri, for me at least,the quill still is THE float.

And I get mine free.lol.
                        Just so we stay on the bait theme,on this occasion it was ten year old luncheon meat,but I"m certain ANY bait would have been taken the peg was solid.
                        Last edited by hurricane; 8 June 2012, 03:28 PM.
                        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Brian,

Not sure where that came from...

If you must must know I believe in having the proper gear to cope with the angling situation you are presented with.

I ordered a pair of Hutchie Horizon rods MANY years ago fron Catchum, as they were top range distance rods at the time, and coupled them with Ryobi Project 8000 sea fishing reels before big pit carp reels became the norm.

I needed to them to fish a very weedy carp venue at 70 yards plus with 15lb main line, so I am not against new ideas.

As this is a bait thread I still maintain this product - and others like it - are nothing new and to be honest the youtube video is not exactly going to want me to part with any money.

Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by greenbank View Post
                            Spadger,

I tend to agree with you about 'Fake Britain' on baits. I don't know about other stuff going on with FP's so can't comment on that.

What I will say is there is really nothing new in fishing baits anymore.

Maybe someone will come out with a Quercus suber ball shaped pop up with a matching dip that is gonna take the world apart; oh it can also be used as a floater when carp are going 'crazy' on the surface.

Just for info... it's a cork ball

Should have kept that quiet mate.
                            I can hear the sound of champagne corks being whittled as we speak.....
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Brian.
                              Copying others bait ideas has nothing to do with tackle development, it's about taking an origional idea and ising it sell off the back of the origional product.

Comment

Working...
                              X