Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Digital scales yes or no ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital scales yes or no ??

hi chaps just wondered what your thoughts on proper scales and digital scales fished a match last week first to weigh in digi scales went to 69lb 4ozs but the fish were bouncing a lot it then read 68lb 12ozs i turned to carry on putting my gear away scalesmen tipped the fish back and
    said 68lb 2ozs ??? ok but two pegs down 68lbs 6ozs was recorded ouch !! and the last bloke to weigh again scales bouncing around the 69lb mark then dropped betweeen 68lb 4ozs and 68lb 8ozs he then tipped back and said 68lb 6ozs ?? 1st and 2nd joint me third but when one bloke turns and says to me i think you were robbed mate ??? personally don't like them i've had this on other matches aswell your thoughts ??

He should be saying what your weight is before he tips them back not after so you can agree or disagree. Dont think there is much wrong with the scales just the scalesman. Saying that we only use proper scales in our club.

Comment

Our digital scales took a bath as one of our members decided to throw them in the water when emptying the sling.Belting £100 down the pan ,they was only one season old.Now wouldn't you think they would be waterproof.
      Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

Comment

according to my digital scales there is only 10 ounces in a pound

Comment

They will probably be displaying in .1 - .9 of a pound instead of ounces.
          Don't you just love it when your daughter kicks your ass:o

Comment

Digital scales are accurate if used right,was the person weighing in zeroing the scales every time he weighed someone.Always watch your weigh in as some are clicky when it comes to weighing in, i dont say everone is but its been done a few times to my knowing.(amazing what people will do when moneys involved).Also you wont get a true reading until the fish stop bouncing about so the person weighing you in should wait till they are still then you get the true weight.

Comment

ive never seen proper scales over here!! WISH THEY WOULD use them though..... The amount of times i have had the same experience is unreal..... Even had the scales man shake the scale or rather give em a jolt by moving hi arm to get them to take a weight ,mine ending up being the lower weight and ended up second! To often have i had the feeling that i have been done....

Anyone know what scales they use in the EK and WK??????

Comment

always watch your weigh in ......dont be afraid to say can you check it please.....we have um on canal watching every dram....we have even had some moan about the brass weights on our beam scales...
                In darkness we do what we can
                In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Originally posted by jaybagpuss View Post
                  They will probably be displaying in .1 - .9 of a pound instead of ounces.
                  salter digital weigh in pounds /ounces /half ounce
                  kilo and grams

Comment

they dont like cold either in my experiance

Comment

the only problem we've had is when they switch themselves off while the weigh sling is being filled with fish, meaning you have to keep deducting the weight of the net. I personally prefer the old fashioned dial scales, at least you can see the needle go round, less questionable in my opinion.
                      Real men fish rivers

Comment

oh, and when the club secretary decided to switch em to kilos because he wanted to weigh his holiday luggage.....that was fun.
                        Real men fish rivers

Comment

the digital ones are [email protected] in my opinion tried a couple of different brands,1 switched itself off all time and one never gave an accurate reading and kept bouncing. i would deffo use dial scales if i had the choice.

Comment

you cant beat a good set of avon scales i used some digital scales a year ago im afraid not for me not accurate enough too much fiddling about

Comment

Working...
                            X