Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

top 3 stuck in top 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• top 3 stuck in top 4

a few weeks ago on a match my top 3 got stuck in my top 4, tried everything to get it out but unfortunaetly the top 4 smashed under the pressure leaving the top 4 male end inside the top 3, any idea how i can get this out without damaging my top 3?????

how much of the no4 is left protruding

Comment

spanks,, if theres any proturuding keep soaking it in fizzy pop,, must be summat to do with the bubbles or summat mate,
      its easy the best way ive found for sticking joints,, solid joints come apart after 5 minutes,,, its like some david blain shizzle,, propper freeks yer out,, LOL
      :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Oh and don't drink the pop after lol.
        Paypal gift is for friends only

Comment

put by a radiator and leave for a bit that always works if mine get stuck,dont leave it too long just about ten mins and try it then

Comment

Hi Wybournlegend,the best way to remove the broken male section if it is broken flush with the female section is.
            1 Find an old pole section,landing net pole etc that is tapered and fits into the broken section.
            2 Apply super glue around the dummy section you are using and push into broken section.
            3 Allow ten minutes to set.
            4 Get two people,one either end and twist in opposite directions and you should eventually prise the broken section out without damaging the no 3.
            Had the same problem on my 995 and worked fine,without damaging the good section.

Comment

theres none at all protruding its all inside and have tried the fizzy pop lloyd, bunts showed me that trick will try the superglue trick this weekend.

Comment

Had this happen to me once I got a clothes peg sqeezed the end together and popped it in positioned it on the edge of the male bit then pressed lightly on the bit that goes on the line so that it had purchase on the edge of the male section then pushed. Hope this helps.

Comment

if all else fails
                  i had same thing happen last year tried everthing from trying to push it out from inside with a piece of solid glass fibre .to soper gluing a pice of Dowling inside male broken piece this did work eventualy !!
                  The other way i used when seperating broken poles with non protruding is get a brand new modeling knife & very carefuly cut the inside of stuck piece as close to end as possible then simply tap a small electrical screw driver into the cut !!
                  this splits the stuck section every time !!
                  But be very careful
                  Colin

Comment

cheers col if i try that i will end up with about 30 pieces of carbon as ive gt a touch like a baby elephant haha. gunna go down the dowel/superglue route i think.

Comment

Working...
                    X