Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole fishing in the wind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole fishing in the wind.

I tried to fish a 30" deep swim in the wind today. I used a wire stemmed pencil float using expanders for skimmers & roach. Found it hard to see float in the waves. Is there a better float I could use...?

how wide is the swim,wide enough to flick a small bomb across and fish the tip instead..?

Comment

I was fishing off a field but never thought of bomb fishing.... Have got a Preston quick cone that I could try next time.

Comment

In the wind you dont want to be using a pencil float, something pear shaped with a wire or glass stem, such as a hillbilly chump or ackoo stabiliser. You also want to leave a long length of line between pole tip and float so that if your pole does get blown around then it wont move your float. You can also try using backshot.
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

i like to use the shape of float at the back of the photo! An upside down version of the one in the forground ,which i might add isnt stable at all in wind....
          300521_2377527830760_719848884_n.jpg
          Also more line between tip and float helps along with puttin ur tip under water!
          A pole fished waggler also works well as can a very long pencil float!!!

Comment

Working...
          X