Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Shorter hair,longer hair??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter hair,longer hair??

When fishing shallow on the pole or pellet wag come to that,youve found the right depth ok but your still missing bites,would you use a longer hair,or would you shorten the hair,im using a band in the loop set up,any veiws on this chaps...
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

I would give a longer hair a go and not strike at the bites, just wait for the pole tip to go under
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

if your missing bites then you aint found the right depth in my eyes a fish will hang its self most of the time i dont really see how a longer hair helps? might be a lot more to do with feeding

Comment

and on the pellet wag strike at any little dips these are 9 times out of ten proper bites waiting for the fish to hang themselves used to work when the pellet wag was first intoduced now they have become a lot more cute at a lote of venues

Comment

You dint say how long the hair was. Pellet off the bend is best. Silvers are the cause of most missed bites

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
            You dint say how long the hair was. Pellet off the bend is best. Silvers are the cause of most missed bites
            between 5 and 10 m ish,eyesights not the best

Comment

On venues i fish up in the water,i like a shorter hair,seem to hit more this way.Don't feed to many pellets over the top with your catty.

Comment

after the initial feed its 4/5 pellets,im actually hooking for a split second which is really frustrating so i know im at the correct depth,i guess its a case of trying different hooks,(pr36 at the mo,16 and 18),bloody eck its a minefield.guys,really appreciate yoyur input

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                  after the initial feed its 4/5 pellets,im actually hooking for a split second which is really frustrating so i know im at the correct depth,i guess its a case of trying different hooks,(pr36 at the mo,16 and 18),bloody eck its a minefield.guys,really appreciate yoyur input
                  You are more than likely pricking them everywhere but in the mouth MT. nearly proper foulhookers if that makes sense.
                  What i use are 18-20 drennan carbon match and 0.10 - 0.12 hooklengths. This is for F1's and no heavier than blue hydro. You'll be surprised what size fish you can land on this.
                  Just keep a tight line between float and wait for the lazzy to start streaming out, tiny little sharp lifts for the strike. I have caught f1's 6inches under the surface and you would never know they where there.
                  On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

get what you saying Spadge,i use whte hydro with hook lenghs to match,this shsllow fishings not as straight forward as it seems,i thought i had cracked it,still need to learn

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                      get what you saying Spadge,i use whte hydro with hook lenghs to match,this shsllow fishings not as straight forward as it seems,i thought i had cracked it,still need to learn
                      I also do not use the standard bulk, tiny floats like scone wellhardz, they have a tiny bristle as i find dibbers to bulky. Spread 3 no10's evenly down the line and keep spinning or laying the rig in. some days they will ony take the pellet as it's dropping and the minute it settles they will totaly ignore it.
                      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I like the gap to be about the size of the hookbait, any closer and it will cause lost fish, further, missed bites. Main cause of missed bites is feeding over rig, best to feed, then cast or on pole, lift and lay, drop or slap in. Also lots are liners or silvers as said. Never wait for rod or pole to be pulled round, strike at every dip!

Comment

Cheers Spadge,cheers Nath,sound advice

Comment

Working...
                          X