Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

sinking the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sinking the line

Has anyone got any tips for sinking the line when waggler fishing? I have tried allsorts but the float still keeps dragging out of position. I am using a 3bb waggler to fish around 3 -4 rodlengths out, in a depth of around 7 ft. Is this float too light? any advice please?

cast out then dip tip of rod under water then flick upward quickley, this normaly does the job, you could also squert washing up liquid on your spool this will help the line cut through the surfus film of the water.

Comment

if u have done wot macca60 has advised i think laying more on would be the next step if that doesnt work then fishing heavier might be the way to go!!

Comment

Soak spool in warm washing up liquid over night and rinse of carry a little bottle of it with you and some lines sink better than others over cast dip the rod under and pull back
        [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

you shouldn't have any problems with Maxima line with a touch of washing up liquid

Comment

If you are out fishing and you need it to sink, get a handfull of clay or mud and wind the line thro it.

Comment

Heavier float (2 1/2AAA) and put 4 or 5 No8s at half depth. Have them not quite touching each other and they should pick up any undertow and help the float to hold still. The heavier float will also make it easier for you to sink the line without moving the it too far.
              Even with your line sunk, the top layers of water may be moving faster than down near the bottom, and very often moving in the opposite direction.
              You could also try a longer float, or if it is very severe, a backshot above the float.
              The Mahseer Trust visit us at www.mahseertrust.org
              Working for one of the World's iconic fish species and the rivers they live in.

Thinking of visiting the Westcountry?
              Check out:
              www.coarsefish-torbay.co.uk

Want to learn from Will Raison and Neil Machin?
              log on to www.v2vangling.co.uk

Comment

i would say your floats too light, even in good conditions! also the strength or diameter of your reel line could be too high? 3lb maxima would be a good line for "normal" waggler fishing giving strength & reliability without being too thick! also the length of the float will have a bearing on how it behaves in wind! pick a float that will easily cast to the spot you want to fish to (in open water) & overcast by a couple or three metres, then dip the rod tip about a foot under the water & reel it back to that spot, you can see it sinking, so you know if theres any line on the surface causing it to drift! if you're fishing off bottom, going with a heavier float would be best, but if you're on the bottom you can lay more line or shot on to get it to keep still, in normal conditions!!! also i think to waggler fish properly you need a fair selection of floats,from 2aa to 2ssgs, insert & straight tops & would recomend the drennan range!

Comment

overcast then reel the float into position with the tip under the water
                  washing up liquid on your line

Comment

Is the reel line a naturally sinking or floating line.?

Comment

it is greys gtec, says on it that it is intermediate. so will try treating it with washing up liquid. think part of the problem is that i always seem to end up fishing against a cross wind.

Comment

Working...
                      X