Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Easy Waggler Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Waggler Question

I've been watching a video on float fishing and he's using a D***nan 3AA loaded 2.5g Insert Crystal Waggler Float labelled "D***nan 2.5g GIANT CRYSTAL 3AA" with 3 x No.1 shots either side (I think he later refers to these as No. 8's)

a supplier had told me:

"You do not need to have a 3AA loaded waggler. The point of a loaded waggler is that they are loaded so you do not need to put lots of shot on them. The whole loaded range all take 1BB"

"This is the loaded GIANT CRYSTAL but they are not 3AA ... maybe its a old model"

Should I go with what he says and what does this label mean "D***nan 2.5g GIANT CRYSTAL 3AA"

(not sure if I'm supposed to mention the manufacturers name hence "D***nan)
    Paul

If i understand the question right, i think Drennan have labeled these floats with there loaded capacity ie 3aa is 2.5g, if its an older model this sounds right putting shot & gram size on a float to indicate the loading in the float! think the supplier's right that they take 1bb to shot them in addition to the loading! 6xno1s would sink this pattern out of sight as thats rougthly 3bbs treble the shotting capacity so 6no8s would be about right as locking shot also following the thinking that as they're made of lead will cause less damage to the line! hope this helps!!! as for mentioning the maufacturers name we dont have such worries on Talkangling so DRENNAN DRENNAN DRENNAN

Comment

ok thanks. can you tell me what equivalent (newer model) I should go for and what shot size?
      Paul

Comment

The newer model will be marked up as 2.5g! if you can, have a look on the DRENNAN website, you 'll see pics & info of the current range of floats & can make an informed choice from that!!! what was the video you were watching?

Comment

ok thanks. was watching "How to Float Fish with Matt Hayes".
          Paul

Comment

ok thats helped a lot. just went to http://www.drennantackle.com/product...hp?category=39 and looked at "Giant Crystal" and "Loaded Giant Crystal" and he appears to be using Giant Crystal No. 5 3AA 2.4g (in video its 2.5g) so would no. 1 shot be ok with this?
            Paul

Comment

I suggest you have a look @ 1 of the better videos for insruction
              Dave Harrell etc
              Colin

Comment

proberbly, but just a couple to lock it i think! another option would be to lock it with grippa stops (again from drennan) one above the float & two below! then you have the option to position the shot loading where you think it will be best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                  I suggest you have a look @ 1 of the better videos for insruction
                  Dave Harrell etc
                  That was going to be my next post!!! just answering the questions at the moment!!!

Comment

I use Drennan loaded insert Crystals all the time. The smaller ones take 1bb as well as the weight on the base and the largest ones take 2bb. You can get round using shot on your line by wrapping solder wire around the float until you get it how you want it.

Comment

thanks for all replies, very useful. there are so many but can anyone recommend an online shop or send me a PM?
                      Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X