Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices

Went to Veals in Bristol today! bought a few bits, good god, £118, i think i will take up formula one racing racing instead.

I had a good deal the other day though, 150 pots/tubs of Dinsmore shot of various weights! £100. (66p a go) £1.75P in Veals.

My pal and i went to the Irish Republic in May for 2 weeks! Couny Clare in fact, what a load of rubbish the fishing was too.

Also we have just come back from 10 days in Holland with Alf Shortland and his bus and 5 others anglers, fishing there was not much better either. i think both Countries were affected by the weather to some extent! but Ireland has other problems besides the weather.

Question! anybody have any thoughts about the fishing in the County Cavan and area! would it be worth a visit in late August do you think?. Cant go in September.

Zebra mussles are killing the lake sport in Ireland mate.
    I onl fish the canals now when i go over around the Offally area. Tullamore, Banagher and sometimes Edenderry. The lakes are hit and miss with fish migrating at certain times and heavy prebaiting is essential but very hit and miss.
    The canals as i mentioned hardly ever see an angler and a decent days sport can be had even by just turning up on speck. pre-bait and get an early start and you can catch some massive bream and hybrid bags also.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi Spadger, thanks for your comments, where in Offally do you fish? would it be the Shannonbridge area by any chance? i know the area quite well! i stayed at Vera Cartys Ashbrook Farmhouse, never got to fish the canals though because by reptutation the Eastern Europeans have cleaned them out.

Comment

Still loads of fish in the canal mate.
        Tullamore and the sorrounding area has some good bream shoals and big tench, what i do is pick a spot out on the map and go and have a go. Ferbane, Rahan and the sorrounding areas have hardly ever seen an angler.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I have been to both Ferbane and Rahan but not to fish, so may be worth a trip sometime, but at the mo thinking more Cavan and area,

Comment

Great area to fish around Ballyconnell and killashadra loads of lakes. We have been going for the last 12 years and stopping at the Anglers rest ballyconnell. We always fish two new venues each year and haven't even scratched the surface yet. If your thinking of going just do it you won't be disapointed.

Comment

Working...
            X