Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Got wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got wet

Went out bit bashing this evening with my 7ft #2 ( a rod for tiddly stream trout ) at a local pond. I made some tiny bread flies by superglueing some fake bread to some 3.6lb/18 spade hook to nylons I had lying about. they were really just white fluffy buzzers, nothing to them.

All was good, plenty of roach, just tiddlers, but the wind was here there and everywhere, so good casting practice

As it was Getting dark I tightened into something a bit bigger. It ripped off, and as I adjusted my feet and checked the line was free under my feet the ground collapsed beneath me. I was standing in an overflow thing, with my feet in about 1" of water. The concrete paving slab I was on just rocked, and went, me with it.

I don't know how deep it was but I was over waist deep by the time I clambered us this sinking slab and got a hand on the bank. Dragged myself out, to much cackling from other anglers, and got back to the fish which was still taking line.

A further 5 mins and it was in, I could not believe how much stick that little rod would take, I could feel the handle bending. The fish this rod was built for are usually about as long as the cork

Anyway, here was the culprit, and below what was left of the overflow. Where you see water in the V, is where I was stood.

Drove home in my underpants, quite liberating.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Lol! You are indeed a carpstalker! Oh,and a clumsy git! ;-)
    Nice fish on a fly rod though mate.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

That looks like wildie to me

Comment

Dunno if it was wild or not...still pleased though, not every day you get a fish with a pelvic half the length of you cork, and a head bigger than your reel

I might move up to a 4 weight, give me a but more oomph
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
          That looks like wildie to me
          Wild? I think Luke must've been LIVID at having fallen in! LOL

Nice fish, well done!

Comment

Working...
          X