Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Double handle v Single Handle Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double handle v Single Handle Reel

Im looking to buy a new reel. Some ive looked at come in single handle and double handle versions.

Are there any pros/cons of using a double handle reel over a single handle and vice versa?

Why not get both and have a shakey mach 3 xt in 035 or 040 size. Cant fault mine and you get 4 spools and 2 handles for 50 quid!
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
    [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
    [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I agree with Connor, I have the same and it's a great reel for the cash

Comment

I have both double and single handle reels and the only minor advantage I can see is that in general when the handles are folded,singles take up less space.
        Last edited by hurricane; 3 July 2012, 11:10 PM. Reason: typo
        Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

I have 3 shakey mach 3's, they are a top quality reel which wont bust the bank.
          [URL="http://www.fishingforforces.org/"]http://www.fishingforforces.org/[/URL]

Comment

Hi All
            i am a shimano man, double handle for me, can't get on with a single handle, i don't know why.
            All the best steve.

Comment

i did look at the shakey mach 3's originally but thought they cant be that good if you get 4 spools + 2 handles for 60 quid or so. So are they definitely a good reel then? Was also looking at the Daiwa Whisker (£75 ish). Any thoughts on these?

Also i need a reel that i can use for both feeder rod and pellet waggler rod (feeder rod is 10foot i think and waggler rod will be 11'6" when i buy it). would the Mach 3 035 do the job?

Also, which is better, Mach 3 Front drag or rear drag? And whats the difference/pros/cons of front drag v rear drag?

Thanks.

Comment

i got Daiwa 3012d spot on reel Cant fault them.

Comment

Originally posted by wiganer_dave View Post
                  i did look at the shakey mach 3's originally but thought they cant be that good if you get 4 spools + 2 handles for 60 quid or so. So are they definitely a good reel then? Was also looking at the Daiwa Whisker (£75 ish). Any thoughts on these?

Also i need a reel that i can use for both feeder rod and pellet waggler rod (feeder rod is 10foot i think and waggler rod will be 11'6" when i buy it). would the Mach 3 035 do the job?

Also, which is better, Mach 3 Front drag or rear drag? And whats the difference/pros/cons of front drag v rear drag?

Thanks.
                  That's exactly what i use mine for

Comment

Wouldn't be without my double handles now, balance better when fishing without the anti-reverse on and easier to locate a handle quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasoncoggins View Post
                      That's exactly what i use mine for
                      Ditto, 035 single handle for Wag, 035 double handle for feeder, about to buy 2 more mach 3 reels at the end of the week they are that good.
                      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

I thought double handles was for incase you miss the first one.
                        [URL]http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/tackle-sale/61600-high-quality-chianti-style-handmade-pole-floats-0-2-0-7-a.html[/URL]

Comment

Would u get front or rear drag? Which ones best or is it just down to personal preference?

Comment

single handle and front drag for me

Comment

2nd that, definitely front drag, no preference which handle.
                              The Stella top of the range Shimano reel as a single handle, so perhaps there is some benefits to a single handle over a double, who knows?

Regards

Shooter

Originally posted by carl heaton View Post
                              single handle and front drag for me

Comment

Working...
                              X