Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Problems fishing yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems fishing yesterday.

Hi, i fished the Viaduct again yesterday. Cary and Match lakes were both closed for matches which was a shame as i wanted to fish one of them. I ended up on Middle lake their "specimen lake". I could see the bigger carp cruising about all day but they didn't seem too interested in feeding. I was float fishing using 8mm Sonubaits Pellet O's with the hooks and hair rigged Korum quick stops that come in the pack. I was catching skimmers and decent roach (including a new PB of just under 2lb ) but every time i hooked into a bigger fish (I presume they were carp) the hook pulled out, even some of the smaller fish the hook pulled. Now what i want to know is, is it my technique? Or the hooks? Or maybe the rod? (a cheap Leeda 11ft float rod i bought a couple weeks ago)
    Anyone who read my introduction when i joined will know i'm just getting back into fishing, i used to go every weekend in my teens but yesterday was only my 5th time in the last 10 years or so. I enjoyed it and i made a point of practising casting and was getting much better by the end of the day

may have been foul hookers......
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Were you fishing to depth or shallow?
      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Between dead depth and 6 inches over, the swim was all similar depth and i tried loads of different parts of it. There was only shot by the float and i let the weight of the pellet take it down naturally.
        Last edited by Honeybadger; 5 July 2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

What size hook?

For example a 8mm pellet with a 18 or 16 then when the fish take it they get hooked but not a full hook hold so you will get lot of hook pulls.

Just my theory

Comment

I think it was a 16. It probably was due to foul hooking or like you said not quite hooking properly.

Comment

I'm gonna use a bigger hook and change the way i'm loose feeding next week and see what difference it makes.

Comment

a few small shot in the bottom 3rd of your rig will help
                Sounds as if your baited hook is being blown around by feeding fish or wafted around by fish moving across your bait
                Colin

Comment

not sure if no shot down is the way to go.....as col says could be blown wafted any where with out even a dip on float....if you have 6 inches on there isnt even the weight of pellet on the float...have a read of giles cochrans hook in the loop method may help...interesting article
                  In darkness we do what we can
                  In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X