Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The right pole elastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right pole elastic

Apologies if this has been ask loads b4
    The time has come to buy some top kits for my pole... and I'm going with the "Milo 'Stripper' Top 2 Kits" they have a deal for 3 at fosters ..
    I need some advice as to the best one for my needs
    The typical thing that you catch from my local club pond is skimmers around a pound/half no more, and fairly large carp rarely under 6lb most around 8/10lb up to 14lb ,so I'm looking for a lacky that will catch me those skimmers without bumping them off, but robust enough to pull in a lower double scrapper
    Thx in advance for any advice

white hydro wont bump em and will stetch for miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Webb View Post
      white hydro wont bump em and will stetch for miles.
      Will black hydro bump the skimmers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Campbell View Post
        Yes, skimmers have very soft mouths. I would also use white hydro or yellow mosella j range.
        [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
        [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
        [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Campbell View Post
          White & grey would be better, white is the best for what you have descriped
          John

Comment

aye , white is very good black is way to strong for skimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Webb View Post
              aye , white is very good black is way to strong for skimmers.
              but no hook pulls on a lump ?

Comment

Grey will probably be best set soft at least you got a bit of power with a 10lb carp then coz White seems to go to the moon and back lol

Comment

ok white the softest going to grey then black the toughest ?
                  A fellla was fishing white hydro/16 hook on the match and he had a 13.8 carp on it .. said it took him 20 mins to land it ,but he was going for skimmers ,will white with a puller be better suited ? ,or will grey be the right compromise ?

Comment

White hydro is your winner I've had 14lb carp in on it with no problems it may take a bit longer than using black hydro but at least your not gonna sacrifice loosing skimmers. Deffinatly need a puller with white tho! Lol. Or try both! Start off on white catching skimmers until the carp move in then switch over to the black.

Comment

if your buying 3 kits why not put white in one grey in one and black in the other then your kitted out for everything you have described!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wybournlegend View Post
                        if your buying 3 kits why not put white in one grey in one and black in the other then your kitted out for everything you have described!!!!!
                        That's exactly what i did today ...3 new tops with pullers ,white, grey and black ,never fished with hydro ....we shall see

Comment

Working...
                        X