Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Lack of help from the crack lads !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of help from the crack lads !

is it just me or has anyone ever noticed how the so called crack lads on here very rarely
    make constructive posts ??
    we all know they come on here but its not too often you see them making posts trying to help people !
    ok, some of them arent exaclty household names but they are definately up there with the best of them.
    while i think talk angling is wanna the better angling forums and comunities,
    it does lag behind others in the help department
    im just your average clubby but i will try to help others if i can !
    it would be nice to see some of these people post, unfortunately they never make it past the shoutbox !
    :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

i think certain lads do help out lloyd nathan hass one of the highest number of posts on the site other than mods. he will help anyone any time but i do agree a lot of others seem to hold back from posting, i often see posts made on here that just get people jumping on the band wagon trying to be-little others so wonder if this is a contributing factor

Comment

Leaky, I am always offering help, don't know what you are on about !
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

think nath is an exception really ian,
        and luke,, i have noticed you post quite regularly mate but (and dont take this the wrong way) you, are not the ta community mate,
        the post was not the "lack of constructive posts from luke carpstalker" !
        couldnt really name those who post regularly but there are say, 4 or 5, yourself included, out of quite a few lads who frequent the site,

i think ians pretty much hit the nail on the head,,,
        we know they do read posts, mostly because of the belittling nature of them !
        Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 15 July 2012, 11:29 AM.
        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Any help I can ever offer on river fishing just ask, pm me or whatever mate.
          I am no commercial angler by far, but anything on rivers i feel confident enough to help.
          River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Its a lot like fishing, people get involved to the extent that suits them,there are probably members who never make any posts but I can"t see a problem with that.
            Check out the figures and most of the time 75% of the people viewing are counted as guests,I guess most of these are members who come on site regularily but don"t log in unless they wish to make a post.
            As for members getting help i find it very rare for a question on here to go unanswered whether its tackle,rigs,bait or venue advice someone will normaly give a response.
            As for "so called cracks" if they don"t get involved then its thier choice,apart from Nathan and Steve (who both post on a regular basis) I doubt most of the members have never heard of them anyway.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Many names have posted on forums before with regularity.
              I think that lack of time mainly due to work commitments in their chosen profession is one of the reasons you rarely see numbers of posts by many top names.
              other reasons are many get shot down when they offer opinions,or the thread becomes too self opinionated with posters arguing rather than questioning the person they have asked for advice from,or the thread goes off topic.so they are reluctant to post again.
              some may just not post unless only their opinion will count.

Comment

Some good points there tidal wave,
                like i said before,, a lot of the people in question are not exactly household names but still top quality anglers in there own right,
                and the post was not made because im having trouble personally i do have quite a few topclass anglers im lucky enough to call friends or aquaintences so helps never too far away,
                the post was just i thought i hade running through my head after reading several posts recently !
                i know snowy talked grant albutt into joining total fishing and people not knowing it was grant basically ripped him to peices for some of his posts !
                now, if im right, i dont think grant posts anymore calling these forums a waist of time, alex bones shares a similar opinion !
                its a bit of a shame really
                both topclass anglers in there own right !

Comment

Why would the members rip his posts to pieces? did they not agree with his comments and if so are they not entitled to say so?.
                  Because an angler has attained a certain level of success it does not follow that everything he posts has to be taken as gospel.
                  Anyone who posts on forums must be prepared for the fact that some people will not agree with everything that they say and expect that some will voice thier opinion,as for those who think fishing forums are a waste of time,,who needs them.
                  I believe the level of help and information supplied through this forum is second to none and have held this view since I first joined it.
                  Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

i preffer take the view that if someone has reached the levels of acheivement in the sport like grant has, they deserve a little more respect than to be told they are wrong by some numpty like myself,,
                    after all, what have i ever acheived ???

Comment

Hardly any quality "known" anglers post anything on any forums anymore unlike maybe 3 or 4 years ago where quite a few did regularly , i think "lots" still look in on all the forums of various sites but wont post anymore . I think there are a number of reasons for this , firstly keyboard warrior types having a "pop" , also the sheer number of repetitive threads / posts , and also the sheer number of PMs that come along once involved in a thread. This applies to all forums not just TA ! It just aint worth the hassle especially if your opinionated like me !

PS I dont think Mr Bones highly publicised comments a little while back helped angling forums either !
                      Blue Moon Rising

Comment

Leaky you have noticed what several of us have noticed, quite simply there are a good few members who rarely get past shoutbox, if they do its to either post an advert for a bit of gear they want to get rid of, or to book into a match. requests for advice on venues they fish regular almost go ignored, same as more technical questions. You really want to know they just aint interested in others unless they know them. There are members who have tens of thousands of shouts on shoutbox but only a hundred or so posts. Too be fair its not compulsory to post on a thread, however it would be nice if they did. There is undoubted talent and experience that could be of help to those less experienced.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

totally agree dodge

Comment

Roger Roach, I agree that some names tend to become targets for the keyboard warriors, a few wannabe nobodies will use the anonymity of the PC to have a go, good moderation would soon put a stop to that. I watched with amazement how Keith Arthur was attacked on another site, with little or no intervention by moderators.
                            As for them getting a weight of PMs thats simply resolved by switching of PMs from members in your profile, and just elect to receive them from contacts and admin.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

TOTALLY AGREE WITH 1ST POST BRI !!!

Sutty's absolutely uselss but atleast he takes the time to read the posts and reply !
                              Last edited by Leaky Lloyd; 15 July 2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X