Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

is it just the canals in tamworth that are dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it just the canals in tamworth that are dead

round are way the only thing on the cut thats never seen is us anglers.. now i remember 20 or so yrs when the the monday night fazeley open was massive ..and my old club fazeley vic a.c. had over 40 members .. and there were matches on the cut every night and all over ????? any one else noticed the decline

We still have 20 plus to every match with fazeley vic....but no matches on the canal..
    There used to be regular opens on the canal at kettlebrook up to a couple of years back but they seem to of disappeared.
    I walk the dog up and Down the canal most days and very rarely see another angler let alone a match,

Although I think polesworth club still have regular canal matches

Comment

Are there matches on the canal by the Pretty Pigs Pub in Tamworth ? Club or opens ?
      Whitnash Royals A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ada 73 View Post
        round are way the only thing on the cut thats never seen is us anglers.. now i remember 20 or so yrs when the the monday night fazeley open was massive ..and my old club fazeley vic a.c. had over 40 members .. and there were matches on the cut every night and all over ????? any one else noticed the decline

Same as in our neck of the woods, you used to have the choice of a couple of evening cut matches on a Tues, Wed and Thurs in the Bloxwich/Pelsall/Brownhills area
        Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

I think the new Mercia angling club have a stretch there, no matches though

Comment

how are ya jase nice to read your doin well in the matches mate.. i started match fishin again saturday with doultans and flew it 42lb so im hooked again

Comment

I'm good mate, matches are going well, won the last 2 so can't grumble!
              Glad to here ur back into it, my uncle Richards taking it up now aswell isn't he?

Comment

yea he as and he aint stopped goin yet gettin out the way of jackie i rekon

Comment

Working...
                X