Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

drennan im 9 finesse 13 ft float rod,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drennan im 9 finesse 13 ft float rod,

Hi just brought myself one of these rods...What Reel would you recommend for this rod

Skimmers your a fine judge of a really top float rod, I love mine. on the river (Thames) I mate it with a 20 year old Ryobi closed face reel which was based on the old Abu 507 but in my opinion better. On lakes or if you prefer an open face reel on flowing water go for the Drennan FD300 its a really well balanced set up & a very compact reel. enjoy, cheers John
    John

Comment

Depends on your budget mate and intended usage.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
        Depends on your budget mate and intended usage.
        Hi Paul K no budget mate this is fishing gear we are talking about..... not new look HA HA

Comment

Originally posted by skimmers View Post
          Hi Paul K no budget mate this is fishing gear we are talking about..... not new look HA HA
          Hi mate,I've got the im9 classic and have set it up with my shimano rarenium 3000.
          It sits on there nicely and balances perfectly. Bit pricey,but if there's no budget-go for it. Let us know what you get.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Closed face all day long daiwa or abu

Comment

Working...
            X