Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

plumbing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumbing up

recently iv been thinking how i dont change depth anymore when fishing and how i used to do it and find such a difference in how much i laid on or came off bottom, but i also noticed now that i dont plum up properly anymore either, so as i never hear it talked about on here, how do you plum up? do you have a set routine you go through or certain areas of the lake you target

Are you on the pole,ryan? I always plumb up for each area I'm fishing. So,sometimes 2 or 3 different lines. Sometimes it pays to find the bottom of a shelf,sometimes you want a dead flat area. Depends on the venue. Never rush it,always remember if you find a hole,as this can hold fish when they're being cagey. Same on the waggler really,but I rarely fish the wag on the deck these days.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

spend a while pluming up and exploring a peg for features like shallow bars etc. if your set up and still got plenty of time then get a rig and plumb around for features you mite of missed

Comment

Why?

Comment

We don`t all just rely on fishing shallow!

Comment

Eh?

Comment

My first question was to ryan by the way!

Comment

there are a lot of different variations of plumbing up like some have mentioned but in the main i try to keep it simple

below is what i do generally when fishing in open water, i add this to what most have said above with regaurds to flat spots, shelves and bars !

i select an area i want to fish,
                usualy i set a rig to fish an inch over depth as a starting point or if fishing for f1's dead depth and plumbed up with a no1 shot pinched on the hook rather than a plummet !
                if im missing bites i will try laying it on a little more, this doesnt always work but sometimes it does give the fish a little more time to properly ingest the bait !
                on days when it seems they're being cagey ill try to lift and drop the float a fair bit to induce bites,
                ill try and keep an eye on how high i have to lift out to induce a bite,
                for instance, if if im lifting say 6 inch and getting bites ill come 6 inch off the deck, basically trying to put the bait right infront of threre noses,
                just recently i found i had to lift the float about 18 inch high to induce a bite so i adjusted the depth up 18 inches accordingly and started getting propper elastic streamers,,
                when doing this though you do often have to drag the float an inch or 2 to the side just to twitch the bait a bit, its rare to leave the bait suspended in water dead still and get bites, again though its something you have to experiment with on the day !

obviously thats just a starter and there or loads of other variations on plumbing up,
                :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

it depends on bait yer using, tow of water,species of fish yer targeting.like nath say why make it complicated he fishes more on the deck through the yr than he does shallow fish ,in my experience u only need to plumb about 6" around where u desire to fish just in case yer on a cliff face as for what leaky says theres times i fish a ft on for f1s all depending how they r feeding

Comment

The main thing with open water commys is to plumb up several times during the match as the peg gets deeper

Comment

lloydy only plumbs pegs either side of him cause he only fishes in them iv seen him cast

Comment

i do if your in it mo, cos its wasted on you mate ! LOL
                        :cool::cool:"LEAKY LLOYD",,,,"TURNING NO HOPERS INTO FLYERS"!:cool::cool::rolleyes::p

Comment

Working...
                        X