Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

lines and hooklengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lines and hooklengths

Hi. just watched winning pegs 5 and lee kerry uses .18 main line (4lb) and .15 hook length (5.5lb). the method was pellet wag. I know you use a stronger hook length than main line when method fishing as it is shorter meaing less stretch but thought it would be the other way round on pellet wag. Does anyone know the reason for this? i have allways made my hooklenths lower than main such as 8lb main line 6lb hooklength. lookforward to peoples responses.
    Just one more cast!

Same reason, i use 3lb maxima mainline, 6lb middy low viz hooklength, the long stretchy mainline will not snap before the short, pre-stretched hooklength! Most hooklength lines will not be as strong as claimed anyway! The diameter of the mainline is still slIghtly thicker than the hooklength.

Comment

I must be doing some thing wrong. I use 0.22 mine line (14lb) and 0.19 bottom (7lb 6oz)!

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
        I must be doing some thing wrong. I use 0.22 mine line (14lb) and 0.19 bottom (7lb 6oz)!

lol, pull a bit them dolphins
        brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

What 0.22 line is 14lb?

Comment

Comic Fendreel line it's all I use on all my reels. Strong stuff and it won't let you down

Comment

i would not dream of using 14ibs line on a float or feeder rod !!
              it is far too strong !!
              the line needs to be balanced to the power of the blank for optimum performance .
              Colin

Comment

You dont fish where we do. I use a 30lb braid leader to stop the carp from snapping my main line on the rocks. Its hard going at times, you need good line and a good rod with plenty of poke

Comment

Working...
                X