Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best and Worst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst

Your best and worst angling purchases. Maybe there was was an item of tackle or bait that you thought performed above or under it's price range etc.

Best purchase: Wychwood extricator stalking rods. Before I bought these I owned free spirit e class stalking rods and imo the extricators are better and cost alot less. Punch well above their weight.

Worst purchase: Drennan green MAGGOT tubs. These tubs are really good quality, great for keeping all manner of baits in as long as it's not a maggot or similar because the air holes in the tubs are big enough for them to get out of. Once opened my carryall whilst setting up for a match only to find all 6 pints of maggots I had bought were spread across the carryall, they had got into every place imaginable, they ruined bags of groundbait and the foam on my seatbox accessories etc. Needed a new carryall as well.

worst was a map hooklengh box and guru catty,best 2nd hand abused tricast legend 3500 feeder rod,its a thing of beauty
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
      worst was a map hooklengh box and guru catty,best 2nd hand abused tricast legend 3500 feeder rod,its a thing of beauty
      What did you hate about the map hooklength box MT?? the foam strips IMO are a waste of time! and I'm seriously thinking of ripping them out along with the white plastic strips wich have come loose since day one and just using it for 12" Feeder and Wag Hooklengths.

Oh & my worst & there's been many! maybe Preston Pro V roller?

Best Err My NEW MILO!! lol
      Last edited by London Chris; 18 April 2013, 04:58 PM.
      Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Originally posted by London Chris View Post
        What did you hate about the map hooklength box MT?? the foam strips IMO are a waste of time! and I'm seriously thinking of ripping them out along with the white plastic strips wich have come loose since day one and just using it for 12" Feeder and Wag Hooklengths.

Oh & my worst & there's been many! maybe Preston Pro V roller?

Best Err My NEW MILO!! lol
        What Milo have you purchased Chris??.... seen your old box on ebay!!!

BEST: ASI seat box 20+ years ago ALSO Silstar Match Team line.

WORST: Daiwa TDX reels.... fantastic reels but the spool lips mark FAR TOO EASY!!!!

Comment

Worst ------ MAP Carptec muscle pole -- if you looked at it broke , absolute garbage same as the aftersales , would not buy anything from MAP ever again after the service I got !!!

Best ------ Dennan series 7 puddlechuckers , quality kit for what you pay ( I have four of them ) never had a problem with any.
          Drennan match cattys ---- Brilliant.
          [B]I only work ,drink and fish , I wish I could fish and drink as much as I work :D[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Maver Si View Post
            What Milo have you purchased Chris??.... seen your old box on ebay!!!

BEST: ASI seat box 20+ years ago ALSO Silstar Match Team line.

WORST: Daiwa TDX reels.... fantastic reels but the spool lips mark FAR TOO EASY!!!!
            Iv bought BIGJAS's old Milo 1200 Mukka! always wanted one! will be in touch about somekind of plaque for the rear!

DSCI1071 (2).jpg

What did ya think of the old one?? should fly I hope currently had two bids stands @£62 gotta do more than that surely?

Got to agree with ya mate about Silstar MatchTeam Line SUPERBE IMO and very supple.

Comment

I'm with MT on the worst, MAP hooklength box and Gure catty best Matrix 8' and 9' Carpmaster rods no need for bigger rods unless you have to cast miles.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyP View Post
                I'm with MT on the worst, MAP hooklength box and Gure catty best Matrix 8' and 9' Carpmaster rods no need for bigger rods unless you have to cast miles.
                I haven't really heard much about the carpmaster rods, I was thinking about getting some at one point but lack of reviews meant I got something else instead.

Comment

Again another worst vote for the GURU Catty, total waste of time....

Best my Rive D36 St, can`t fault it at all.......and orange VESPE elastic .

Comment

Originally posted by TonyP View Post
                    Had a very informative chat with Les Thompson about these and many other Matrix products lovely fella! did look very nice rods a great "casting" rod so many now have sloppy feel I still use and love my 11'8"-13' Abu Suverans again a fantastic "Casting" Rod

I'll ask you as well Tony wat did you dislike about the Map Hooklength box??

Comment

Best purchase has to be shakey Mach 3 micro waggler, I have 3 of them now! Worst has to be any v roller followed by guru catty, Diawa hydro pult, korum quick stops. There's plenty more on my list

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                        Best purchase has to be shakey Mach 3 micro waggler, I have 3 of them now! Worst has to be any v roller followed by guru catty, Diawa hydro pult, korum quick stops. There's plenty more on my list
                        V rollers are hilarious, if your within a few foot of em don't sneeze or fart cos they'll go absolutely flying, taking your expensive pole wth em. I'd like to know which plonker came up with the idea of the v roller to see if I can get compensation for all the pole sections they've been responsible for breaking.

Comment

Best purchase: daiwa Tom Pickering 13ft stick rod £0... Got it give off a mate from work lol

Worst purchase: probably Preston double elastic, tried too change from hollo and it didnt really work for me at all... Realised the hard way its better to stick with what works for you. Cost me quite a few matches that one!

Comment

Fordy they are great for short rods I think its because the joint is close to the butt so the power comes from the single section. If I could I would make the butt a couple of inches longer so it reached my elbow.

Chris when I got mine I spent ages tying hooklengths and labelling only to find that they ended up in a birds nest. Dont know if it was because I had too many in there but every time I went to get a hooklength out I would end up with several. Still use it but only have a few in now. Prefer the preston ones, they keep the hooklength taught and I have several so have them labelled up e.g., banded, meat, kwik stop etc.

Comment

I have a couple of the Preston h/l boxes 1 long & 1 short to be honest they are ok I also store H/l on Old line spools ,Guru have just brought out a retainer on the same lines !!
                              Old line spools cost Nothing Great Value for money !!
                              Worst thing i ever Brought was a Browning Reel in the 80s i think it was 1850 Match reel strange Winding cup that spool was recessed into it .
                              It lasted 20 mins & the Gears shredded !!
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X