Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best line for feeder fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best line for feeder fishing

What's the best line for fishing for skimmers & bream 30yd chuck into 20ft of water?

I use the new Colmic feeder line, very low stretch and its £5.00 for 250 meters

Regards Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Something with very little stretch is best so shy bites from skimmers register well at the tip. Purists would probably say use braid as it has no stretch, but a lot of waters ban it. A lot of modern monofilaments have 'controlled stretch' though, I like Preston Reflo Direct for feeder fishing.
      Steve

Comment

Thanks for that, been using reflo direct in 5.5 lb and suffered a few crack offs just latley, might be a bad batch? Thanks for the replies! John.

Comment

Theres only 1 feeder line, Maxima
          John

Comment

Still happy with Daiwa Sensor.but have bought some of the new Drennan Feeder and Method mono to try.

Comment

Originally posted by John l View Post
              Thanks for that, been using reflo direct in 5.5 lb and suffered a few crack offs just latley, might be a bad batch? Thanks for the replies! John.
              What size/weight of feeder you using? I've had reflo direct (6lb i think) on one of my spools for a couple of years and don't think I've had any problems, usually use it to chuck the 30g large size Preston method feeders with the line clipped up, can't remember having any crack offs.
              Steve

Comment

ive just recently got onto the maver stone river line - very happy with it! - very little stretch, sinks far quicker than owt else i ve used. very smooth casting, shows up bites very well (50+ yards in deep water)-its great if ya on the bomb catching quickly! & its robust too! .......£5 for 150m - defo worth a look though it only comes in 3 diameters 0.18/0.20/0.22

Comment

Sounds good stuff! I think it might be a bad batch as basically the same set up as Steve I'm using the 5.5lb with a 30g preston large feeder. I've tried braid but can't get on with it, and as john says you probably can't go wrong with maxima! I'll have a think cheers!!

Comment

used guru drag line for last couple of years with no problems but will deffinately be having a look at the new maver sinking line at some point.

Comment

4lb Maxima
                      [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                      [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                      [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Reflo direct from Preston

Comment

I ve Always Used 5ib Maxima on a lot my feeder work or 4ib!!

I use 4ib maxima on all my pellet wag work too!!

I ve been looking at a lot new lines as fancy a change,me self

Comment

Colmic Fendreel power line, it's the mutts. I use 0.22 on all my reels

Comment

Daiwa sensor

Comment

Working...
                              X