Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The BIG ONE Show.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BIG ONE Show.

I am making my way darn Sarrrffff on Friday to visit me Muckka Chris for a couple of days of supping expensive ale (robbing southern Gits) and going to the Show on the Saturday, Chris has said that a few of the lads on here are going, John R, Stever, Graymufc and black hydroooooooo himself Paul K so look forward to meeting you and anyone else who is going. Bring it on.......

I will be going either saturday or sunday,not sure which yet,autograpth books already in place,so anyone who wants my autograpth.lol

Comment

me and steve are going sat so see you there

Comment

OK guys - how good is this big one? I've been to a few exhibitions over the years, NEC, Stoneleigh, Ricoh and more often than not i've come away thinking thats was disappointing. So is this show worth me spending £40 on fuel + ticket price. I'm not looking to buy anything expensive just bits and bobs, therefore unlikely to save my fuel costs - what else will I enjoy???.

Comment

Call into Fosters
          Talk to like minded people !!
          Save on the stress of London Traffic
          Spend your £40 saved from your Hard earned cash & Buy something you realy need instead of Bits of Junk we all seem to come home from shows with !!
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
            Call into Fosters
            Talk to like minded people !!
            Save on the stress of London Traffic
            Spend your £40 saved from your Hard earned cash & Buy something you realy need instead of Bits of Junk we all seem to come home from shows with !!
            Exactly my point Col - hence "what else will I enjoy". Other than a day out I guess and a change from blanking and drawing crap which incidentally is costing 30 quid a week lol.

Comment

its a good day out
              bargains to be had
              may get opportunity to chat with some of the well known anglers(London Chris)
              may pick up the odd freebie
              it gets packed,more so after lunch,so if your buying bulkier items get them bought in the morning and put in your van/car
              foods not bad and not overly exspensive
              its a weigh of for people who travel a long way,do you get enough bargains to justify diesel/overnight stay for some?im not quite sure...
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

drawing crap which incidentally is costing 30 quid a week lol.
                Costing me more than that mate
                I think i have Forgot what to do!!
                the other Bonus of going Daaan Saaarf is you can Drink Copious amounts of that Weak Pee like Beer they call Lager & still not know
                you have been Drinking
                The only thing going for it realy is meeting up with some of the Lads
                If i could make it i would be going down for a couple of Days with Clive & Me ole Mukka Chris !!
                All those that are going have a Good Un
                £4 a pint ooh er missus !!
                Colin

Comment

To be honest,clive- i normally come away feeling a bit let down-it's normally 75% speccy gear- bit there are bargains to be had. Loads of famous faces- i bought a map parabolix rod off andy may last year- lovely bloke. They'll all have time to talk to you. Queues are big for the food. I'll be going on the saturday- but i'm only half hour down the road. Pole alley is good if you're looking to upgrade or just have a waggle.
                  I'll keep my eyes open for you mate.
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

it is a good place to go if you are looking to buy something,because you can handle it in person and make your own mind up,where as you might have been buying blind beforehand based on a magazine article or catalogue picture.so you can avoid a possible expensive mistake by looking before buying.worth the entry fee for that alone.

Comment

Cheers guys - Um still not convinced. Although if I was looking for a new pole or box I would definitely go as I agree you can't beat trying all the gear in one place. I'll see what the weather forecast is predicting for this weekend lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                        The only thing going for it realy is meeting up with some of the Lads
                        If i could make it i would be going down for a couple of Days with Clive & Me ole Mukka Chris !!
                        And your always MOST welcome to stop at me and Tina's Mukka!! BUT if you come down you may have to help your old mukka and show me the ropes with JNR!! what way up do I hold him or her again?? lol
                        Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Thanks Chris might take you up on that 1 Day !!
                          If i remember right Chris !!
                          I think i used to pick my Kids up @ arms length by the Feet !!
                          But yours aint due yet .
                          Tina will be great with the Baby shes been looking after you ,so nothing will phase her lol
                          I promice i will ring 1 if the nights this week !!
                          Are you still Grafting ?
                          Colin

Comment

TBH I haven't been to many tackle shows but thought I may as well attend this one and except Chris's invitation of making a weekend of it with a few shandy also.... Don't really need any more gear I have told her in doors after she tells me to not go mad buying more stuff to fill the shed (hahaha)....

Comment

Clive your a Light weight !!
                              No Bedrooms or Cupboards or Shed left to fill here
                              Have actualy started on my Lockup that is full of Records that i have not got round to letting go yet !!
                              My wife does not Collect shoes like a lot of women so i used her walk in Dressing room for tackle 10yrs ago !!
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X