Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The BIG ONE Show.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
    Thanks Chris might take you up on that 1 Day !!
    Tina will be great with the Baby shes been looking after you ,so nothing will phase her lol
    I promice i will ring 1 if the nights this week !!
    Are you still Grafting ?
    She sure has Mukka and she's one of life's little stars!!
    Yep still grafting M8! Getting better at it all the time know 80% of my route now and all the tucked away little places that crop up on occasion.

Give me a bell when ever your free Col hope your well m8!!

Love to the family
    Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

will ring Tonight or Tomorrow Chris
      What time suits you mate ?
      Colin

Comment

Hi all does anyone now of a good bed and beakfast near or around the show

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
          will ring Tonight or Tomorrow Chris
          What time suits you mate ?
          Apparently a time that didn't suit you Mukka as you were walking out the door!! LOL
          Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Went to the show today,very crowded by midday,but a very good show.
            plenty of new items to see and waggle,a few bargains if you knew what you were looking for.plenty of anglers who helped out with tips and advice.
            will certainly go again next year.

Comment

Did preston have a stand? They seem to have brought out enough new poles to to sink a ship. Did anybody have a waggle of them at the show?

Comment

Preston had a stand for poles,and another stand for rods,boxes etc.did not have a waggle of any of their poles though,handled most of them last year.

Comment

There was only ONE pole there that stood out above everything else and it was the Garbolino Super Legion. Maver had a massive pole alley which I think was to fit some of the XXXXXXL lads Phil Brisco had with him and not those Crap poles they were showing, MAP tried with there Poles and the Browning and Preston lads were there to make the numbers up on those end lanes and I swear I never saw anyone testing their Poles whenever I passed? While myself and Chris were chatting to Ian Didcote and Dave Swain they sold 2 of the Super Legions and 2 of the range below that. Price wise the Super Legion was retailing at £2695 and they let them go on the day for £2100 for those that wanted 1 of the 5 they had with them. I held the Super Legiont At 16m one handed and the balance was amazing, it was also as straight as an arrow and so
                  light. This Pole will cover everything from big Carp to Small roach on the Canal. Ive always had Diawa Poles and have 2 now but I will Deffo be purchasing the Garbolino pole sooner rather than
                  later this year.

Comment

The Best Reel i held on the day was by far the New Map reel. Looks very TDR ish and looks even better in jet black for us tackle tarts. Put it on a Rod and the Spool was in easy reach for casting. Comes in 3000 and 4000 models and is out in 3 weeks they said. The best part was only £90 each. In the words of Chris who will back me up here Ouuussshhhh, let me have 2 please.

Comment

Funniest stall of the day was The Talkangling stall. Selling those slow sinking feeders that take 3 months to arrive. Bwhahahaha.
                      Best laugh of the day was when myself and Chris were talking to Adam Rooney and these 2 rather stout looking gentlemen lent against the stall and the lot collapsed.... Me, Chris and Adam nearly wet ourselves.

Comment

Hi Clive.

Glad you had a good time, and kept your eye on Chris, will give you a ring, and i will pick up that groundbait.
                        Nice one.

All the best steve.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                          Funniest stall of the day was The Talkangling stall. Selling those slow sinking feeders that take 3 months to arrive. Bwhahahaha.
                          Best laugh of the day was when myself and Chris were talking to Adam Rooney and these 2 rather stout looking gentlemen lent against the stall and the lot collapsed.... Me, Chris and Adam nearly wet ourselves.
                          CRG147,i was standing behind when the stall collapsed over adams side of the counter.it was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                            Maver had a massive pole alley which I think was to fit some of the XXXXXXL lads Phil Brisco had with him and not those Crap poles they were showing.
                            Fair play mate, clueless.

I noticed on the locked thread your offer for Matt to introduce himself on your next visit to Larford, which i know he would do (And you had the cheek to mention keyboard warrior, fair play, that was a good un!!!!). Prove me wrong and have the balls to man up and tell Phil Briscoe how crap his poles are while your there using his facility's or introduce yourself to the burger eaters you mention working the weekend, one of them was Glen Butler, MMT finalist last year. I'm sure if you introduced yourself to him he would make you feel more than welcome!!!!!.

Theres rude and theres rude, you've covered that no problem. That shouldn't be allowed on here full stop and should of been deleted. People like you are the reason more don't post on here, which is a shame.
                            Last edited by hurricane; 24 February 2014, 11:09 PM. Reason: posters request

Comment

Well said

Comment

Not sure which of the 2 out of the maver reps it was i spoke to on saturday,as it was a first time meeting,as the 3rd from previous shows was not present the stand first thing in the morning,but arrived later on after i had left pole alley.the rep in question set up the signature 1000 at full length,while i questioned him about the fighting sections idea,and voiced my own opinions on why i thought the concept was just another gimmick.all this was done at the show,nothing on here.
                                my original comments on the locked thread were they felt no different to last years models.that was it,no mentions of rebadging,rebranding,so being called clueless and not even being at pole alley,with no proof to back that statement up.obviously shows my opinion to be valid enough to elicit such a response.and the rep in question i spoke with was the only one willing to discuss the idea behind the fighting sections.

Comment

Working...
                                X