Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The BIG ONE Show.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
    Not sure which of the 2 out of the maver reps it was i spoke to on saturday,as it was a first time meeting,as the 3rd from previous shows was not present the stand first thing in the morning,but arrived later on after i had left pole alley.the rep in question set up the signature 1000 at full length,while i questioned him about the fighting sections idea,and voiced my own opinions on why i thought the concept was just another gimmick.all this was done at the show,nothing on here.
    my original comments on the locked thread were they felt no different to last years models.that was it,no mentions of rebadging,rebranding,so being called clueless and not even being at pole alley,with no proof to back that statement up.obviously shows my opinion to be valid enough to elicit such a response.and the rep in question i spoke with was the only one willing to discuss the idea behind the fighting sections.
    My reply wasn't to you and i would of thought the quote on my post would of told you that!!!!. My post was referring to a member on here talking crap about last years models being repainted in new colours, horse crap that Phil Briscoe would like to hear. Posting rude comments about peoples weight and offering fellow anglers out, if you think thats ok Gary fair play to you.

And for the record Glen Butler knows you, was there all day and cant remember seeing you, but who am i to question that, i wasn't there at all.

Im done on the subject, the poles speak for themselves and many people have praised them, I'm not naive enough to think they wont get knocked by some, but the rudeness and uneducated waffle on that thread was shocking, hence my post.
    Last edited by Church007; 24 February 2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Church007 View Post
      My reply wasn't to you and i would of thought the quote on my post would of told you that!!!!. My post was refering to members on here posting rude comments about peoples weight and offering fellow anglers out, if you think thats ok Gary fair play to you.

And for the record Glen Butler knows you, was there all day and cant remember seeing you, but who am i to question that, i wasn't there at all.

Im done on the subject, the poles speak for themselves and many people have praised them, I'm not naive enough to think they wont get knocked by some, but the rudeness on that thread was shocking, hence my post.
      i saw 3 reps alongside phil briscoe who could have all been maver,steve mayo,andy k,and,whoever the third was,if that was glen.we only met briefly a long while ago so with how many people at the show which was very busy that day,it is easy not to remember who is who.

Comment

i saw 3 reps alongside phil briscoe who could have all been maver,steve mayo,andy k,and,whoever the third was,if that was glen.we only met briefly a long while ago so with how many people at the show which was very busy that day,it is easy not to remember who is who.
        Steve Mayo wasn't even on the maver stand, you are priceless
        Double Ton

Comment

Bye the bye but Steve Mayo isn't with Maver anymore, hasn't been for sometime as he's moving to Thialand.

Comment

I apologise for my comments.......

Comment

Lol

Comment

Bye the bye but Steve Mayo isn't with Maver anymore, hasn't been for sometime as he's moving to Thialand.
                Martin.as i posted above,it reads could have all been maver,never posted they all were.steve mayo was at the show by pole alley when i was on garbolino's stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1979 View Post
                  Steve Mayo wasn't even on the maver stand, you are priceless
                  matt,it reads above,could have all been maver,not all were maver..i do not have to justify my whereabouts to anyone.
                  i was at the show and on pole alley and saw what i stated. end of thread.

Comment

QUOTE=CRG147]
                    Originally posted by glen.
                    I'm really sorry that you felt the need to start gobbing off about me on an open forum that I don't e, the trouble is mate is that its a small closely linked world the old fishing world and new travels fast, especially bad news. If you were that bothered, I was at that show for 10 hours on Saturday you could of come over and said your piece to my face, luckily I'm not that bothered what you think, but if you have a real issue, we can take it up any time you like.
                    Hi Glen, let's sort one thing out first this thread was not aimed at you as I don't know you and never met you so I dont have any beef with you. All i did was post a reply to some little idiot who decide to call me a stupid idiot on a forum ran by what now seems to be made up of the Maver Mafia when I said what I said about there Poles. It's called freedom of speech and all that e and this kid Matt1979 decided to take it a notch further on an open forum. Phil Briscoe has always been nothing but a true gent to me and was the only person once who sent a full box of gear for a charity fishing match out of all the other big company's.
                    Like you If it was you along with the other Maver lads that was tucking into ya lunch when I was there on saturday I ain't also a small lad at 6' 3 and 18 stone so I wish to apologise personally for any insult that was said.
                    When I'm next down at Larford again and I see you I will come over and introduce myself and I will offer you my hand whether you want to shake it or not but it will be there.
                    Regards
                    Clive.[/QUOTE]

Freedom of speech is all well and good but if you start calling people out and slagging things off, then you get the kind of responses you have, I couldn't care less what poles you like or what people you like but there's no need to be negative about anything for the sake of it, all it does is get peoples backs up, What kind of response do you expect to get from a Maver representative when you start slagging the brand that they endorse, As for the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl crap that's personal as I was the only big lad there. After all the comments you have made I couldn't imagine you would want to go to Larford, and I doubt for one moment that you would be made to feel very welcome, We have a lovely time at Larford because its attended regulary by decent people.

Having read through a lot of your posts on here I can also see some of the tackle you use and the standard of angler you are, now while there's nothing wrong with being a club angler and using lower end tackle it doesn't qualify you to be berating or recommending top end poles or arguing with anglers that have fished at the very highest level using all manor of top end kit for years and years.

Therefore I think the most logical conclusion as you think I'm a fat burger eating idiot who is involved with a crap brand of fishing kit is to stay out of my way, although that shouldn't be a problem as I fish a vastly different kind of circuit to you.

Regards
                    Glen Butler

Comment

I didnt no a liam gallagher posted on here. Oh sorry, its just another manc.

Comment

Fair play mate, clueless.

I noticed on the locked thread your offer for Matt to introduce himself on your next visit to Larford, which i know he would do (And you had the cheek to mention keyboard warrior, fair play, that was a good un!!!!). Prove me wrong and have the balls to man up and tell Phil Briscoe how crap his poles are while your there using his facility's or introduce yourself to the burger eaters you mention working the weekend, one of them was Glen Butler, MMT finalist last year. I'm sure if you introduced yourself to him he would make you feel more than welcome!!!!!.

Theres rude and theres rude, you've covered that no problem. That shouldn't be allowed on here full stop and should of been deleted. People like you are the reason more don't post on here, which is a shame.
                        i hope you said something similar to your mate matt who started the argument

Comment

Another thread that has more than run its course.
                          Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                          X