Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

scammy dean connor please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scammy dean connor please read

Dean Connor from Swansea scam. Payed for a rod via PayPal gift yes i no mistake now. Not sent and now blocked me on Facebook a big fat lad with a carp on picture anyone no him etc. Got an address which i will pay a visit unexpectedly thanks in advance

contact paypal.............they should be able to help.................or phone the police.good luck anyway

Comment

"Connor" is a bit of a givaway! lol. I dont think Paypal will help you as you sent the money as a gift.

Comment

Try using the 192 site, if thats his real name you should find his details from there. Good luck.

Comment

There is only one D Conner listed there on 192 for Swansea, so it could well be him.

Comment

Don't think the police will be too helpful..
            Reckon they'll just send you to the "online fraud dept"
            Effort = Reward.

Comment

Time and time again we have people being scammed and cant seem to do anything about it...Unless you know the person personally, never pay via paypal gift...I feel aardvark may be right about paypal not helping....good luck shepto hope you get it sorted.

Comment

you don't get scammed when you deal face to face at your home or in a public place you also know what you are buying or selling better for both parties imo may take a little longer to sell but you wont be scammed out of your hard earned money to many connor artists about these days hope you get this sorted

Comment

After the last lot of scamming went on,I think most people on here know to not pay by gift and to be a bit weary of people who log on to the site and initially post sales threads. That latter part is not relevant to this as he purchased the item from somewhere else.

Comment

he aint on facebook just looked..
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I think in general it's not that bad but u will get exception to the rule I always try face to face but it's not always possible for some people. U take your chance I suppose. As anglers I think having the common ground means u seem to be unnaturally more trusting that's the way I see it any how! U get your good and bad in all walks of life.
                      I hope u get it sorted bud we are not all bad.
                      Ducci
                      " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Knock on door then knock him out of his boots job done
                        after you have your cash though as you say you have his address
                        but is it an actual address and not an empty house

Comment

Can i add that having people come to your house is not the safest either. Ive had people threaten me or try and to offer small amounts and walk away

Comment

When I've sold stuff,I usually meet at a petrol station or somewhere that's got cameras,witnesses etc just in case something odd happens,.Its usually better anyway as you can meet and save the buyer some petrol costs,I'm nice like that.
                            Everyone I've sold to or bought off on here has been an absolute pleasure and I hope it continues.

Comment

Good luck mate, hope you manage to recover your money. A few lads who got scammed on here a while back reported the culprit to the police - they eventually caught up with him and arrested him - he was charged and convicted, so definitely worth reported to the police.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X