Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp location TAKE TWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp location TAKE TWO

Thanks to Frisky/ Fish , Big Col and others for the info on the thread Carp Location, I was on the lake Wednesday and landed two, so by putting into practice the info, you gave me i cought fish, while six other anglers on the lake blanked, i now will go to the water with a different view to catching those shy winter carp thanks again.

Well done mate.
    Steve

Comment

Result, well done

Comment

What did you do different?

Comment

I got to the lake to see six other anglers on it,so i chose to fish in the far corner out of the wind, as i made my trip from the car a carp rolled 6ft from the bank 30yds from the peg i had chose, with no other anglers near i cast a bomb over to where i had seen the fish the water there is about 8ft deep, the bait was a bunch of dead red maggots,after half hour the tip went round and sprung back leaving a slack line, [line bite] i cast back out but shorter on the same line 20mins the tip goes and i catch my first carp 9lbs plus. As the day goes on i try different things pop ups at different heights of bottom, but nothing but then i lost one half way in [hook pull] . Later on in the day tip goes again and i catch one about 8lbs. I know they are not massive fish but on a cold winters day they were very welcome and i was made up becouse this lake has a small stock. and with the other anglers catching nothing i thought i had done ok, without the input from you lads i am sure i would have blanked too. Maybe i chose the right location, the right bait the distance out i dont know but you gave me the ideas to try out and i cought so thanks again PS. as i walked back to the car i met the owner of the lake he told me he has ordered £1600 of carp ranging from 4lbs to 12lbs and at £5.50 a pound thats not many carp,but every bit helps so roll on spring and summer .

Comment

If the tip pulls and then flicks back straight with slackened line that is a drop back bite not a line bite so you need to quickly wind down into the fish mate.

Comment

Yes i see what mean fordysufc i did wind down quick but nothing there i thought the bolt rig would have put the hook home sort of bite you get when fishing on a slope to an island so i just thought liner more i think about it your right the fish rid the hook before i could wind down. Thanks again

Comment

Sounds like the quick bite with drop back could of been a roach or some thing else. Did you notice if any of the maggots were sucked?

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                  If the tip pulls and then flicks back straight with slackened line that is a drop back bite not a line bite so you need to quickly wind down into the fish mate.
                  Really? Fish could of dislodged the feeder.!
                  If you used a hair rigged bait you would of had a few more fish .

Comment

Originally posted by meatmaster View Post
                    Really? Fish could of dislodged the feeder.!
                    If you used a hair rigged bait you would of had a few more fish .
                    That's what I thought - a big liner would pull the tip round but if the lead was dislodged it would then drop back.

What makes you say he would have had more fish if he'd hair rigged his bait?
                    Steve

Comment

Because they can spit the bait back out much easier with out it catching the lip.

Comment

Working...
                      X