Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The big one show 2014

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big one show 2014

I went to the big one show at farnborough on saturday.
    very well attended by both companies and visitors,and crowded by midday.
    great stalls by Guru,Preston,Korda,Map,Nash.
    best pole on show for me was the Map 901,super stiff even at full length,amazing tip recovery,and very well balanced.
    the new Garbolino super legion was also extremely good as well.
    none of the new Maver poles felt any different than last years models.
    i saw samples of ready tied Guru qm1 hooks to nylon,which looked spot on and should be out by the summer.
    burts baits had some interesting groundbait and other baits on their stall as well.
    chatted to many anglers there,steve ringer,adam rooney,wendy lythgoe clarke,grant albutt,gary bayes,ian russell.all answered every question,and gave plenty of tips and advice along with demo's.
    all in all a good day out,and i will certainly go again next year.

Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
    none of the new Maver poles felt any different than last years models.
    What a surprise.

Comment

Those Maver Poles were the same Crap as last year and the year before but just re named.

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting that Tony Winock (Burts Baits) went home with over half of the stock he took? It looked good but at a hefty Price and the stall he had was not ideal I bet?...... Such a big market the Bait industry and lots of them there to compete on the day.

Comment

At 5 bags if g bait for a Tener Hardley expensive mate we done really well 2 nd day and was good to see u all there

Comment

I bet Tony changed his tactics and got some of you lads out there trying to sell it rather than stood around not doing much? Glad it picked up though for him as its his money and name on the line.

Comment

Welll then Clive?what goodies found there way back oop north??
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

A £20 11ft Shimano Feeder Rod which will do for my trips to Larford, A Rubber feeder rest head that can fit onto your keepnets that was £10 but found out when i got home that it doesnt fit onto my Preston nets..... Some of Alex Bones DVD's, 4 in a set and a few little odds and sods. Also a shed load of Burts Bait that Kieron Rich asked me if i would pick it up for him which i had to transport back home with me with great difficulty.... Breakfast is on him next week the GIT. There were some great offers to be had and i was more than tempted if i was not about to pay for my holiday to Mauritius in October, one being that Garbolino Super Legion 16m Pole it was AWESOME.

Comment

i also went saturday for the first time and it was a good well attended show, had a look at the map 901 and it felt awesome at all lenghts gotta say the new garbolino poles were good as well, we never looked at the new maver poles as i personaly wouldnt buy 1 so had no interest, didnt think the new browning z10 was all that either, the top preston pole seemed decent but a bit thick at the butt, overall had a good day and picked up a few bargains.

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                    Those Maver Poles were the same Crap as last year and the year before but just re named.
                    Just shows how little you know, the new signature pole is totally different to the match this range, different carbon makeup, different resins, different sun core.
                    If you're going to try and slate a tackle company openly on a forum at least back it up with facts. Idiot.

I tend not to post on here much anymore simply because of people like you and tidalwave, your both clueless!!

I actually know the 3 maver representatives who worked the maver pole alley both days, and funnily enough tidalwave didn't even visit the alley lol.

That's just about says it all.
                    Double Ton

Comment

Have to agree with Matt !!
                      If we all liked the same things this world would be Bloody Boring !!
                      We all have our preferences,i think its about time we realised !!
                      1 size Dont Fit all !!
                      Colin

Comment

Was a great show - loads of people and had some great chats - will be there next year
                        [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                        [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
                        [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Crg147 sorry mate u don't no the half of it u was there for a few mins tops we all sold our arses of and made a big effort every one from the Burt baits team knows what it envolved well done to every one

Comment

Originally posted by Matt1979 View Post
                            Just shows how little you know, the new signature pole is totally different to the match this range, different carbon makeup, different resins, different sun core.
                            If you're going to try and slate a tackle company openly on a forum at least back it up with facts. Idiot.

I tend not to post on here much anymore simply because of people like you and tidalwave, your both clueless!!

I actually know the 3 maver representatives who worked the maver pole alley both days, and funnily enough tidalwave didn't even visit the alley lol.

That's just about says it all.
                            excuse me,but i did visit the pole alley,it was the first stop off when i went inside.maver were next to garbolino.and the signature 1000 was the very first pole i picked up and tried at all lengths,and discussed in detail with one of the reps regarding the reason behind the fighting sections.
                            as for the 3 reps who were on the stand,only one rep who was present would know me in person,having met me before at previous shows.and he was not on the pole alley when we arrived in the morning.and beside those 3 reps present was phil briscoe,who i have found from previous visits to be a waste of time talking to as he has always avoided questions asked regarding pole design and technology.

Comment

My life lads,the full moon was last week.
                              Have your say,express your opinions but please do it without resorting to personal insults.
                              Lets not end up with another thread getting locked/moved because of an overzealous posting style.
                              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Working...
                              X