Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Float question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float question

I've been fishing with MW F1 slims and carbons throughout the winter and they've been brilliant. I was wondering if you could fish these floats in summer or would I best fishing more positive floats and if so what floats would you recommend. Baring in mind it's F1s I'm fishing for

Thanks

I'd stick with the floats you've been using. Having looked at them on a website they look perfect.

One thing I notice is that floats have gone up a load in price since I last bought one.

Comment

Up the size from say 10 no 11 to 14 no 11.

If it's pulling then I go to pingers these are the only floats I use for deck fishing in the summer in open water and the only floating have ever found that can't be replicated properly.
      Don't know what it is with them but I love em. The rest are Pudsli specials.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I was thinking that a 1.2mm tip would be a bit flimsy in the summer. I was thinking a float with say a 1.5mm tip and a body that takes quite a bit of shot to reduce liners

Comment

Working...
        X