Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Pole rig length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole rig length

Hello!

Decided to buy an 8m telescopic pole to get a few day sessions in. Been a while since i have done this kind of fishing so I was wondering how long my rig should be ? In the past I would have used a rig the same length of the pole so that I can essentially bring the fish to hand. Is the theory the same with a pole this length ?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Fish your rigs at the depth you are fishing. If the swim you are fishing is 5ft deep then use a rig that is 6-7 long. This so that you have more control over your float. Attach your rig to an elastic fitted in your pole. There's plenty of videos on you tube showing you how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
      Fish your rigs at the depth you are fishing. If the swim you are fishing is 5ft deep then use a rig that is 6-7 long. This so that you have more control over your float. Attach your rig to an elastic fitted in your pole. There's plenty of videos on you tube showing you how to do it
      I wouldn't reccomend that with a telescopic pole! Wants to be about 7 3/4M!

Comment

I agree with Nathan, I had an 8 meter whip but I found it very heavy

Comment

Sorry didn't know it was a whip, thought he said pole

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
            Sorry didn't know it was a whip, thought he said pole
            He did say pole-and to be honest in my opinion an 8m telescopic pole is neither use nor ornament.
            I use whips all the time, and sometimes line to hand on a pole,but never at more than 5m, I find anything longer is too unweildy.
            Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Thanks for your input everybody.

Fished with the pole yesterday and had a good days with with a good bag on roach and perch including a few sizeable carp and tench.

The pole being 8m gives me more flexibility. I can take away sections as and when I need to. I am not a pole fisherman so I bought the pole with 2 rigs and a carp elastication kit for £8. After yesterday's little haul it was worth every penny.

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

Working...
              X