Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

ripped of by forum member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripped of by forum member

What ya reckon to this folks ?
    I bought from a forum member a n05 section for my pole at an agreed price including delivery to my door . I specifically asked the seller if he would send it in a tube and he replied yes a cardboard one ( which i was happy with as have sent sections before in these with bubble wrap and no probs) anyway cut a long story short it turned up smashed to smitherines in a flimsy polypropolene rod tube with no packaging or wrapping of any sorts inside ! .On that afternoon i messaged him on here that it was smashed via the couriers and he replied with his mobile number that i asked him for and also he was very sorry and he would get it sorted .After many,many messages to him over a couple of months to which he replied everytime he hadn't had time to sort it and to be fair to him he had some personal problems ,so the last time I didnt message him for a couple of weeks to cut him some slack .Today I messaged him to ask what was happening again and the reply was It was too late after the event to do anything about it ,even though he supposedly reported to the couriers 2 days after they smashed it to pieces , so I do not understand this whatsoever . anyway I have tried to suggest a fair solution in that he gives me half of my money back so we both take the hit ,not just me .I await his reply -or not .

How did you pay him mate? If you used PayPal (not gift) then you should be able to claim through them. Did he insure it when he posted it? Presumably he used a courier? If it was insured it shouldn't be too difficult to lodge a claim although the courier might argue that it wasnt sufficiently well packaged (which it sounds like it wasn't) but that's not your fault and shouldn't be your problem! No way you should be out of pocket for it! I think you've been too generous offering to take a hit for half of the money when it wasn't your fault. He needs to take responsibility, pay you back your money then claim his losses back himself.
    Steve

Comment

If the member replies and gives half the fee .. you would consider the matter closed, and not 'ripped off' just unfortunate and a lesson to be had by all.

Forum member, offer is there for good grace do the right thing.

Comment

name and shame all the people on here put faith in the people they deal with
        perhaps we should all say no to pay pal gift and accept the charge as we will be covered for our purchases
        again the few spoil it for the majority

Comment

stupily I payed by paypal gift ,it also seems as if he has been too busy to sort out this mess ,but not busy enough to be sorting out bits for his new airity on here. I have bought and sold over the years many parts for motorbikes and i seems that if there is ever a problem bikers will help each other out , thought that would apply to anglers , sort of community if you like , this bloke has had the money for nearly 3 months and dont give a monkeys ,not much community spirit in that !

Comment

Name and shame mate.
            Steve

Comment

Name and shame him and we can all send him a message every day till ya get ya money back

Comment

There's a very strong case for putting a contract out on all defaulters, we need a zero tolerance to stop this.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

rd350lc, please pm me with the members name, I will do what I can to help resolve the issue.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                    There's a very strong case for putting a contract out on all defaulters, we need a zero tolerance to stop this.
                    How would you use zero tolerance, how would a contract work, how would you propose to fund a contract activity.

Comment

Easy no more gifts on pay pal

Comment

Originally posted by trentman3 View Post
                        Easy no more gifts on pay pal
                        How can that be monitored by this site. Its a personal choice how one pays, as an individual we all have the choice not to deal with anyone asking for payment by Pay Pal gift, it might not be on an ad but is requested by PM messages, are we also saying bank transfer is also not acceptable, along with the traditional methods of cheque or postal order, because they offer NO PROTECTION either.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
                          You mean this sort of contract Jethro?

Hitman_3_artwork.jpg

Gets my vote!
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                            You mean this sort of contract Jethro?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12722[/ATTACH]

Gets my vote!

47 would get yer cash back no worries.
                            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

LOL. Who volunteers to do the dirty work when we get blagged by other members. Is anybody on the forum bald, I think that's probably the most important attribute of a hitman.

Comment

Working...
                              X