Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

pole repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pole repair

Hi could anyone tell me how hard it is to repair a pole which been snapped in half. I have been looking on ebay and there are repair kits for certain sizes of poles depending on what section has been broken for about 3 pounds are they any good. What does it include in the pack many thanks John.

Originally posted by takum View Post
    Hi could anyone tell me how hard it is to repair a pole which been snapped in half. I have been looking on ebay and there are repair kits for certain sizes of poles depending on what section has been broken for about 3 pounds are they any good. What does it include in the pack many thanks John.
    Depends how good yer pole is! If its a top range one have a pro repair,if its a cheap un have a go yerself! I prefer to telescope where possible and put a thin wrap around the join!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

Have a look on youtube for carbon mods repair or ebay think they have a link how to repair your pole .

Comment

Found it here go's How to Repair a Broken Carbon Fibre (Fiber) Fishing Pole or Rod - YouTube

Comment

if its 3pound it will be no good,what pole and section.

Comment

thanks for the replies all, the section is no 4 and the pole is a maver testomy I know its an old pole but its still in good nick bar the section whats broken. ive had this pole for a few years and it has done me well i have another newer pole but when i go fishing i tend to use the maver may be its just habit. ive been on the site like cjsid said and 1 or 2 other sites and it looks pretty easy to repair a pole with a bit of time and patience ideally i would like to get another section if poss many thanks John

Comment

It will cost you £25-30 for a repair kit, then if you make a pigs ear of it the section will be no good. Is it worth the risk when a pro repair is only £15-20 ??

Comment

your probably right cartersdad but how do you become a pro.there is people round about not shops, just every day workers, doing it well but they dont let on how they do it cant really see it being that hard only a matter of gluing and wrapping, the pole aint worth much only to me me.might try it on an old sections first and see how I go on

Comment

Takum, it is not that difficult if you take your time and follow the instructions that can be found on Carbon Mods web site.
                  The most important part is the alignment of the broken sections, and its essential to check the alignment in all directions, or you will end up with a banana. Ensure you use sufficient epoxy resin and make sure the wrap is tight, to eliminate any voids. Apply a thin coat of the epoxy after you have rubbed the repair down, makes for a tidier looking job.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

thanks for the reply brian, what type of repair kit would i need do you think they would be ok on e bay they say everything you need is in the pack .1 only thing you need is a hair dryer thats a bit hard cos ive no hair lol.there are loads advertised but there is no replies how good they are. worth a try on a old pole for 3 quid to have a practice first thanks every one who has replied John.

Comment

It looks to me that they are the Pole Doctor kits intended to build up the male sections, or at best give some stability to a crack on the female end. They would not be suitable for a sheared break, as its no more than a shrink tube. Take a look at this site and view the video, although i see you have to order from one of their sister companies. Complete carbon fibre (fiber) fishing rod or fishing pole repair kit - Carbon Mods

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

ive had a look and im going to give it a go brian will tell you whether its a success or one for the bin lol cheers mate John.

Comment

Working...
                        X