Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Whats the best wide gape pellet hook

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whats the best wide gape pellet hook

    Hi all i currently use tubertini 808 pattern for soft and expander pellet fishing for the likes of f1s On last match i pulled out of far too many fish and ended up 3rd but could have easily been 1st with the amount of fish lost....
    Could anyone give me advice on a better hook ??? I was fishing dead depth four sections of pole and i was on a very light elastic so that wasnt the problem

  • #2
    I use the Drennen wide gape pellet,had no issues with them
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

    Comment


    • #3
      Had the hook gone blunt? All I use is the 808s now and never had a problem

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Carp basher View Post
        Had the hook gone blunt? All I use is the 808s now and never had a problem
        Me too - love these hooks in the smaller sizes for soft pellets and maggots.

        We're you fishing a heavier elastic like grey or black hydro?. If so, go lighter (Preston solid) with a puller bung.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
          Me too - love these hooks in the smaller sizes for soft pellets and maggots.

          We're you fishing a heavier elastic like grey or black hydro?. If so, go lighter (Preston solid) with a puller bung.
          Sorry just re-read your thread see you we're on light elastics.............um?

          Comment


          • #6
            Tubertini 808's are a good hook,but do tend to lose their point quickly.try the Drennan silverfish pellet,or wide gape pellet hooks instead.

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks guys

              Comment


              • #8
                Give T213's a try - fine, strong hook, keep they're point very well
                [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
                [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
                  Tubertini 808's are a good hook,but do tend to lose their point quickly.try the Drennan silverfish pellet,or wide gape pellet hooks instead.
                  As said, Drennan silverfish pellet hooks are absolutely superb
                  [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
                  [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
                  [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
                  [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                    I use the Drennen wide gape pellet,had no issues with them
                    I like these 2 Martin never had any problems with em.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Gamakatsu pellet and pellet/paste aswell as the drennans martin uses are all very good imo
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I really like 808s, perhaps your top kit may be a bit grubby inside because in my experience light elastics stick easily causing bumped fish. Are you sure your elastic is running smooth?
                        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Probably foulhooking a lot.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            g-point pellet gp102 they am the dogs nuts in a 14, a 4mm sits nice on it
                            [SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=7][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE="6"][SIZE=1][SIZE=7]malman floats[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR][SIZE=5][/SIZE][B][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by vidas View Post
                              g-point pellet gp102 they am the dogs nuts in a 14, a 4mm sits nice on it
                              Are they a small 14???

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X