Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clean,clean or mucky mess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean,clean or mucky mess?

I don't know about anyone else but I seem to have the urge every time I get back to clean my gear straight away! I think this is from my bricklaying days and the saying "easy when wet, hard when set" I even take a bloody pot wash brush to clean my bait boxes and footplate with!
    So do I have extreame OCD or do other people have the same beliefs lol
    Got to go got washing up to do! Lol
    " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

The only things I feel like doing after a long day of fishing are eating and sleeping. Cleaning has to wait until the next day. I do have a thing about extreme organisation though. Everything has it's place, i'm the sort of person who arranges things in alphabetical order and I like boxes of food and tins etc in a certain order. It's weird but I think it has it's advantages in fishing situations.

Comment

im guilty of only cleaning kit when needed,the one thing I do everytime is jet wash the sliding footplate to remove all the crud
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I clean mine properly twice a year, otherwise wipe down as needed. Only thing I don't clean are my top kits, but that's just personal preference

Comment

I always have good intentions of giving the gear a good scrub after a days fishing, but usually can't be bothered by the time I get home so just end up doing the absolute essentials such as washing out my bait tubs - have forgotten to do them in the past and found them full of mould a couple of weeks later
          Steve

Comment

Hi.

Clean my bait tubs when get in, clean rods reels and poles if needed the next day, just don't like a reel with groundbait on it, got to have the clean and wd40 treatment, same with cork handles, you just have to clean them.

All the best steve.

Comment

My mrs thinks I'm mad prep for matches in the week then up early for final check, fish all day then come in lay everything out (weather permitting) then clean the lot lol.
              My box I don't waste an inch of space i have made dividers from 0.7mm stainless steel plate marked out all my Preston stotz/shot boxes, hooks, power line spools, tosspots etc all in a deep MSB draw then there is the pole floats omg I'm so sad lol.

Comment

I wish my Gear was as tidy & organised as yours
                Mine is a Bloody Embarasing MESS
                I Grab a handful of winders or leads shake em & use whatever drops Free
                if the Rig is too Shallow i add some line above float .
                Colin

Comment

OCD, I let the rain clean my stuff. Bait boxes get a swill at the end of a session but are usually furry when I come to use them next time!

Comment

I think it's deep rooted I had nothing as a child mom was single parent with x3 kids started work at 14 ain't stopped since lol but when I did get anything it had to last so was cleaned and cared for, then my grandad took me fishing taught me to respect the fish, nature and myself so good moral standing was gained I think my work life has a lot to do with it as well everything in its place, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again so in a way it's in grained!
                    I know next time I go I'm going to leave my bait tubs all dirrrrrtttyyyy oooohhh I'm a rebel lol

Comment

Your Grandad sounds a Diamond,real top chap,my grandad was too,he used to sell hookey £20 notes to tourists down Piccadilly and the west end,i loved him...
                      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Lol yeah he is a top bloke, never forget 1st time he took me Mosley park beautiful day waggler destroyed his Mitchel reel by back winding furiously only to be left with no line on the spool all behind it lol x2 years of the whip fishing after that lol it's changed a bit now I'm buying him tackle bought him an electric trolley, new octopus box cause it was so light then a load of Preston off box arms a load of rigs and floats a colmic carp pole! I do love him though.
                        Went Alvchurch dead arm set his rigs up for him told him what to do on the day of the match he came bloody 2nd lol he was well chuffed seems worth it that broken Mitchell reel now

Comment

Quality life stories. Even though I don't often clean my stuff, every thing is in order and has its place, except for feeders! I've bought a feeder bag to put them all in so know exactly what I've got!

Comment

I keep my box tidy and take elastics from top kits after use to dry the insides and take spools off reels, the rest of my kit never gets cleaned. After years of being self employed I enjoy being bone idle.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                              I always have good intentions of giving the gear a good scrub after a days fishing, but usually can't be bothered by the time I get home so just end up doing the absolute essentials such as washing out my bait tubs - have forgotten to do them in the past and found them full of mould a couple of weeks later
                              I've seen your kit u little fibber!
                              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X